The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80/75 meter expansion  (Read 4043 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: December 12, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »

80/75 meter expansion: The realization has come to fruition on EHam http://www.eham.net/articles/15034. It took them awhile.  They're belly aching now.  I didn't see any mention of mass AM activity taking advantage of the expansion.  God help them when we move down and lay claim.  This will be interesting.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W2JBL

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 08:51:34 PM »

that was hilarious reading all that whining! made my day... i have been monitoring down there lately and hear an average of two CW or data qso's in the entire stretch of 3600-3700 in any given one hour. looks to me like pulling onto an interstate highway  just past where the road is closed by an accident- no cars ahead or behind. jump into the center lane and hold it wide open! 
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »

Yes...p*ss and moan aim-lessly............

Unbeleivable the ignorance..... Roll Eyes

It will all be very comical indeed....

Some of the well known slop-net people from the 75 m AM window area have even mentioned using the same frequencies posted elsewhere here........ Shocked

Oh yes, the Ides of December should be very entertaining.................. Cool

WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:10:30 PM »

Conditions suck so bad this week nobody may get on. Even 160 washed out early tonight.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 12:12:45 AM »

The T-storms are passing through the whole state of Indiana right now.  WX forcecast calls for mild but clear condx Thursday and Friday nights.  Hopefully band will be quiet.  Check out the lightning map.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 09:13:17 AM »

Chris said:
that was hilarious reading all that whining! made my day... i have been monitoring down there lately and hear an average of two CW or data qso's in the entire stretch of 3600-3700 in any given one hour. looks to me like pulling onto an interstate highway  just past where the road is closed by an accident- no cars ahead or behind. jump into the center lane and hold it wide open!

If you noticed, there were quite a few that stated about 'SSB' being allowed down to 3600. A few subtly stated 'phone' though.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

I'm amazed by the prejudice shown by some towards their preferred mode getting special treatment at the expense of all others, along with those who aimlessly follow the Amateur Radio Retail Lobby without question. I think the ARRL tipped their hand with their 'bandwidth' proposal and the FCC took note. After all, if you really want to improve conditions based on use, Don's position for no subband protection/favoritism makes the most sense. My take is that the FCC looked at it all, said 'if you want to do this, let's do it right, not incrementally'. Remember that one of their key desires is a less cumbersome system with fewer layers (or potential pproblems) requiring enforcement. How many weeks or months has it been since the announcement?

But here's my favorite post in that thread. N4QA gets high marks for creativity:

"American Relay, I said get away
American Relay, listen what I say
Don't come here hanging around my bands,
Winlink funk all o'er your hands
I don't need your email noise
I don't need your Pactor toys
Modem lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now Relay, get away from me
American Relay, mama let me be"
- Burton Cummings and The Guess Who...sort of.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »

Rack 'em!

"American Relay, I said get away
American Relay, listen what I say
Don't come here hanging around my bands,
Winlink funk all o'er your hands
I don't need your email noise
I don't need your Pactor toys
Modem lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now Relay, get away from me
American Relay, mama let me be"
- Burton Cummings and The Guess Who...sort of.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »

I'm tuned up on 3635 and good any place above that where is everybody hanging out. I heard some digital stuff on while tuning up. gfz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015