The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:20:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SWL report via e-mail  (Read 1691 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: November 12, 2006, 01:59:05 PM »

Received this e-mail this morning and thought I  would pass it along.

Greetings.  What an awesome signal on 75m AM this evening, 6:44 PM, talking to Perry, W5WN, near Dallas.  Your signal brought back a lot of nostalgia from when I was a novice back in the late 60's, listening to AM Signals on 160 and 80m with a portable receiver..  I just bought an old Hallicrafters S-38C today at the Gray Hamfest, and I had forgotten how much better the audio sounds on tube rigs than solid state rigs.  So much so, at a friends house, I think it embarassed him to hear the difference in audio quality of the old S-38c over his solid state Ten Tec and Icom rigs.  Just thought I'd say hello.  73...

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KR4WI
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »

Don: Very nice to get swl via email. I got my first one this summer while on my ranger ll. been playing with with this stuff for 19 yrs, not AM though. I just discoverd it 2 yrs ago.
and having more fun since I was a novice, Keep up the great signal that we all enjoy from your station. Matthew KR4WI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015