The AM Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patience with the Marconi Nut, please  (Read 13696 times)
K1DEU
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:53:12 PM »

From Public Internet Form.   Roll Eyes

Re: Fw: RE: 75 Meters FCC expansion
    Posted by: "THOMAS WRIGHT" k1tsw@yahoo.com   k1tsw
    Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 am (PST)
    HI ALL, My query to RANDY was are the DIEHARD NETS below 3.850 going to move DWN into the ADVANCED and EXTRA allocations or they as FRED stated this is our designated FREQ. FOR THE LAST 100 YRS and oh we own it. that kind of MIND SET. my guess is that time will tell after the rulemaking is in EFFECT. we can only hpe this will be a RESOLVE and not a creation of more animosity amongst the nets and other MODES. 73 ALL TOM K1TSW.
    "kb2ixt@juno. com" <KB2IXT@juno. com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
    Possibly 3815-16, possibly 3808.

I am going to continue to look.

I’ve already spoken to K1DEU:

He mentioned the fact that we are going to have all this new space and I mentioned we’re going to have to find a hole first before we can move out. So “they” do know that our leaving depends on having a place to go.

We want to make that very clear that we would have to have a place to go before leaving otherwise it would be like selling your house before you have a new one to move into.

------------ --------- --------- ---

Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:59 PM
    To: rfloberg@snet. net
    Subject: Re: 75 Meters FCC expansion

Without discussion on air, can you scope out some possible "open" frequencies below 3.850 but within the new General range ?

I'd check evenings from 7pm thru Midnight. I think 3.847 is heavily used...and there is an active group on 3.805.

How about these potential spots ? 3.837 3.840 3.850 3.822 for starters

Very truly yours,

Frederick Thumhart Jr.

KB2IXT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:24:18 -0400 "Randy Floberg" <rfloberg@snet. net> writes:

The date on which this occurs might be a month from but it boils down to this for phone (SSB):

General Class 3800-4000
    Advance Class 3700-4000
    Extra Class 3600-4000

We might expect to hear some CW (and digital below 3640) from die-hard stations there.

We might expect some non-movers in the 3750-3800 and 3800-3850, who otherwise could QSY.

But the big spaces will be for Advance and Extra which currently have only a wee bit of CW.

I have crystals for that area that never saw phone use!

Best antennas then may want to have 62’ 5” wires!

Randy
    KA1UNW

73, John K1DEU   Grin
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:56:48 PM »

May I suggest that the persons mentioned in the above post have their email addresses edited so as to avoid future spam.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »

http://www.mytherapy.com/features/
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

Cheesy                                               Grin                                                 Tongue

W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »

Cheesy                                               Grin                                                 Tongue

Er that's not really supposed to be funny. It's really sad.
W1UJR
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »

"Patience" with what?
Jamming?
Malicious Interference?
Intentional QRM?
Inconsiderate operation?
Rude and nasty comments directed to AM ops?
Selective "head hunting" of a certain AM op based in CT?

Please explain how "patience" is going to cure this?

John, frankly I am offended that you deem to ask the AM community to put up with this for one minute longer.
The AM community, and even other SSB ops, have been putting up with this filth and trash for far too long, their patience is understandably exhausted. Their tolerance and patience has been tested and not found wanting.
Patience only works if both parties want a positive outcome and are willing to work toward such.

The time for "patience" has come and gone, the time for ACTION is here.
Roll tape, make notes, send emails and report all forms of illegal operation to Riley.
Get your local Offical Observers involved, see http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org/am_aux.html
The reports have already been rolling in, the pile must be growing high and ACTION will soon have to follow.
Most importantly, don't stoop to the level of those causing the problem or stop operating, instead, to borrow from a K4KVY phrase, "Turn up the wick."

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »

Hey Bruce,

Are you related to Linus VanPelt?
W1UJR
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »

Hey Bruce,

Are you related to Linus VanPelt?

No, more like Patrick Henry, from whom I borrowed that apt and pithy quotation.  Grin

W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »

OK gotcha. I like short quotations like this one from George Carlin.

“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...”
W1UJR
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

OK gotcha. I like short quotations like this one from George Carlin.

“Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that ...”

Ah, we are exchanging quotations now, good.
How is this one?
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."
 -Mark Twain
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »

"Ah, we are exchanging quotations now, good.
How is this one?
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."
 -Mark Twain"

And to paraphrase Marx,              "I dont want to be a member of an orginization that would have me for a member"

klc

What? Me worry?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

I don't think that quote is original to Geeorge Carlin. It's a take off on George Benard Shaw. But while were quoting and talking of patience.....

“How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?”

These Macaroni types are scum QRMing others while hiding behind a veil of a "net" and the good name of Marconi. Losers.
WA3VJB
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 05:41:03 AM »

John, I have to agree, why urge patience and enable these people to continue misbehaving?
I say continue building the case, especially since they show all signs of continuing to mess in other people's yards no matter where they move.

From a related discussion underway on QRZ.com (reposted with attribution)

Posted: Oct. 29 2006,08:37     
Just wondering what the point is for clowns to swear and act like idiots when someone is operating a net or responding to another station.I was listening to a net on
80 meters last night, although I did not check in, and while the net controler was speaking there were some childish comments directed towards him.I'm relatively new to HF Phone but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought I was in a truck cab listening to ch 19.
'm not out here to stir things up but I thought that this was completely rediculous. I worked hard for my place in ham radio as well as others that have worked alot harder than me, why would someone treat it like it's cb? Is it booze ? (please excuse any spelling errors)  :p

73 VA3GRV Vince

p.s. I know the Good Ops. out number the Poor ones by a long shot!

Quote (wa3vjb @ Oct. 30 2006,03:03)

Vince I was surprised not to find some kind of question yet about the "net" itself that you were involved with.  SO I will ask which one it was, or whether, more specifically, the net was imposed on an existing QSO.

I've heard some angry responses when a "net control" fails to use diplomacy in telling others on the scheduled frequency that some other activity is planned there.

I also have heard the stomping of the bulls, where several different guys cough or make a bunch of other noises to announce their presence and what, hope the existing QSO will just fold up ?

I don't agree with any of this behavior.

First of all, MOST, not SOME of the nets I encounter on 75 meters are simply a way for their organizers to claim a spot on the dial. There's no traffic, no specific activity other than the same ragchews you would find without it being called a net.

Secondly, it is combative and belligerent when someone claims a frequency by saying they've been having a net there since Methuselah's dad got his license. (Or equivalent)

So, keep in mind Vince, the "net" you heard drawing some fire may actually have picked the fight.  The bands are not some kind of bowling alley where frequencies are reserved for League play. Everyone has an equal shot at using a spot on the dial, "net" status notwithstanding.

Oh, and bad behavior is no better when it comes from outside the net, I should note.

Paul/VJB

I understand what you mean Paul it was the "Marconi Net" I'm sorry I don't recall the freq.If I have stepped on some toes sorry.I just thought that stuff didn't exist on any of the bands. I've never heard it on our local vhf uhf bands so guess it was more of a shock.I like to carry on as much as the next guy but I don't go around swearing and cutting someone down on the air. It isn't right to do that anyway, let alone over the air, that it what I was trying to say.I do my best to show everyone Courtesy and Respect on and off the air. [/tt]
WA1GFZ

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »

The best quote form a smart Italian
"Most people are consumers of food and producers of waste" LdV
WB3JOK

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 09:56:14 AM »

Or a smart Dane:
"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?"
-Isak Dinesen (aka Baroness Karen Blixen)
WB3JOK

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57:29 AM »

And to paraphrase Marx, "I dont want to be a member of an orginization that would have me for a member"

Of course that's Groucho, not Karl  Grin

-Charles
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 03:04:57 PM »

And to paraphrase Marx, "I dont want to be a member of an orginization that would have me for a member"

Of course that's Groucho, not Karl  Grin

-Charles

I was going to point that out, Charles (English for Karl).  Glad you did.  I think one of Karl's more interesting quotes was "I am not a Marxist."  Even he got fed up with his so-called followers!  Let's hope that the Noodle Net clowns will eventually get fed up with each other.

K2VHerb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015