The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vortex?  (Read 12580 times)
kc2ifr
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

Wow...what a tough crowd! My Johnson 500 does a good job most of the time but with a little luck my 4x1 by 833's will be on the air this weekend. Can u say STRAP?  Cool
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:39 PM »

"kinda like saying why eat hamburgers when you can have steak!!"

How do you have  a chease buger and pickels  with a steak??   How can you ride down the road and eat a steak while speaking into the mic??   Enquiring mind wants to know.... You need the cheeseburger... Fries fit in the cup holder.... klc  

What? Me worry?
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

4x1 by 833's

Nice!
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 03:28:48 PM »

"kinda like saying why eat hamburgers when you can have steak!!"

How do you have  a chease buger and pickels  with a steak??   How can you ride down the road and eat a steak while speaking into the mic??   Enquiring mind wants to know.... You need the cheeseburger... Fries fit in the cup holder.... klc  

you just put the rig on vox, grab the wheel with the left hand, grab the steak by the bone with the right hand, chew away and happy motoring.

one can only eat so many cheezy boogers Grin Grin

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 03:50:40 PM »

It's a well known fact pissweakers don't have anything intelligent to say anyway (otherwise they wouldn't be so pissweak). So why let them talk?

The pissweaker they are, the longer they talk! Why is this ALWAYS the rule of the PissWeaker?

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »

Wow...what a tough crowd! My Johnson 500 does a good job most of the time but with a little luck my 4x1 by 833's will be on the air this weekend. Can u say STRAP?  Cool

Bill,
    I've heard your 4X1 rig any number of times on 160M, and it is definitely NOT Pissweak!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »

Food for thought:

Think of what would happen if "51 Watt Fred" loaded up on 160M? it wouldn't matter that he only runs 51W, or loaded his rig into a physically small antenna, he would still oldbuzzard with his pissweak signal!

Some people need to contact my favorite antenna company. Their name is "Eimac". Eimac definitely makes the finest antennas in the world. Amperex,RCA,Machlett,Penta Labs, etc come in a close second...

Joe Cro N3IBX

kc2ifr
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »

Hi Joe,
TNX for the fine words. The 4X1 I use on 160 is a linear........4-1000 triode connected grounded grid. Its a mono bander....160 only and I drive it with my highly modified Ranger.
The 4X1 I hope to get on the air this weekend will be a 4X1 modulated by a pair of 833's.....different rig completely!
I just hope it will be done by Sunday but not sure because I have to completely rebuild my ant. to handle the new rig.. Cry and that will take up at least a half a day. Terry and Jamie will be here to help. Jamie is the one building the transmitter.....its the one I bought from him a while back and was not finished. Anyway....a lot of work to do!
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 08:07:53 AM »

Starting out pissweak and getting ridiculed into getting a better signal is basically a
"right of passage" for most AMers.  Kinda sorta like paying your dues!

Another right of passage is getting on with what you think is a signal and hearing the Timtron come back to you with: "Yea, I can hear ya up here, but yur kinda Piss Weak!"  Been there, done that!! Grin Grin

Like the old saying goes "you gotta pay your dues if you want to sing the blues"
One must always make that climb up the ladder of respect by earning it.
If you are gonna operate piss-weak, expect to take some heat about it! Grin Grin

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 02:41:32 AM »

I'm a beer man, myself  Grin

Then why don't you try some REAL beer?

The stuff in the photo is to beer as plastic ricebox/slopbucket is to radio.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015