The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:36:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCA BTA 1R1 Rescued  (Read 2076 times)
Bob McGraw
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:06:14 AM »

Picked up a "new" RCA BTA 1R1.  Cleaning the mouse doo out of it today.  All appears to be complete but I do need a blower. Any suggestions as to what size and where one could be obained?    Plans to move it to 160M.  Looking forward to returning to 160M AM this winter.

Bob, K4TAX
Sparta, TN
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:32:25 AM »

Bob, welcome back to the fleet of Tall Ships. I only got to work you once on the CCA AM100D, but I look forward to hearing your latest soon.

You won't need much cooling on those 4-400s in ICAS, maybe just a muffin fan parked to blow on that shelf from one end to the other.

But if you wanted to have it look stock, the blower motors are fairly generic, and can usually be fitted to the existing shroud, mounting flanges, and any ductwork if that 1R is pressurized, I forget.

I got a new (old stock) one from Fair Radio that went right into the 300-G, but there are industrial houses that supply current production, but they cost a piece of change too.

Try the Grainger website for the motor itself -- and pick around for an assembly if you need more than just the motor.

I did a search for motors at this link.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?originalValue=blowers&L2=Motors&operator=prodIndexRefinementSearch&L1=Blower
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015