The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:42:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum gets Hacked  (Read 20959 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: August 31, 2006, 04:50:29 PM »

Don't know if these are the homos(sapiens) that hacked the forum but interesting that AMForum shows up in their listing of "defaced" websites. 

http://www.zone-h.org/component/option,com_attacks/Itemid,45/filter_defacer,Dengesiz+Team/page,2

Glad we're back up and running.

Just wonder why we were targeted.  I know AMFone gets a lot of hits but it's not like we're mainstream and have a 2 million members. Maybe I'm wrong.   Undecided

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 05:07:21 PM »

Whoever hacked the board needs to be brought to justice! It's a shame that someone with that type of knowledge couldn't put it to constructive use.

Just my two cents worth. I'm glad to see the board is back.

Regards,
Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

whoever hacked us (like they really want to be known) needs to growup and get a meaningful life and a girlfriend. They need to spend less time behind their computers being the pencil neck immature douche bags that they are.  They live behind a computer with the intent of making others suffer and find entertainment by vandalizing ones property which isn't any different than me going to Gary's house and spray painting it.  Hacking isn't rocket science.  It's perserverance and these twerps have a lot of useless time on their hands.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:19:24 PM »

Bob said:
Don't know if these are the homos(sapiens) that hacked the forum but interesting that AMForum shows up in their listing of "defaced" websites.  

http://www.zone-h.org/component/option,com_attacks/Itemid,45/filter_defacer,Dengesiz+Team/page,2

Glad we're back up and running.

Just wonder why we were targeted.  I know AMFone gets a lot of hits but it's not like we're mainstream and have a 2 million members. Maybe I'm wrong.  

Bob if you looked closely at that zone-h.org, (I think that was the same one I looked at), you will see that this bunch of sewer swine has been responsible for over 5200 sites hacked or defaced. From what liitle I have gleaned, they are a bunch of Turkish Muslim assholes hell-bent on spewing their hatred. That's why I refer to them as swine since they abbhor pigs. We were targets because that's the way the dice rolled.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:23:51 PM »

Mike, I noticed that too. 

All the more reason I think they (hackers and vandals) need to get lives.  They're incapable of independant thought.  They're just automotons that need to be guided by someone else and don't have the wherewithall to do anything for themselves.  Basically, useless human debris in my opinion.  I'm going to stop here because I'm on the edge of forum rules plus I don't want to let these gropers think they got to us.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
John Holotko

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:15 PM »

Let's get the nomenclature right folks. The people who defaced the board are not "hackers" they are "crackers". The process of breaking in and defacing things in cyberspace is called "cracking" not "hacking". Big difference between the two. A "hacker" is a skilled programmer who is capable of solving (often complex) problems quickly using programming skills and knowledge acquired through years of experience. "Hackers" are generally constructive and do good things. Crackers are the ones who break into computers, deface websites, etc. usually for either recognition or for some monetary gain,  Some crackers are also very skilled but most are just cheap copycat script kiddies.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »

I stand corrected. However,  truth be told we're both wrong as far as nomenclature goes.  They're vandals with nothing better to do except sit in front of their useless computer and make life miserable for others. What the enjoyment is in doing that, I don't know.  It's not logical to me. 

And I'm a hypcrite because, come to think of it I sit in front of my computer and make my life miserable too.... I can't get away from it. I'm a dweeb.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
John Holotko

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 06:33:27 PM »

I stand corrected. However,  truth be told we're both wrong as far as nomenclature goes.  They're vandals with nothing better to do except sit in front of their useless computer and make life miserable for others. What the enjoyment is in doing that, I don't know.  It's not logical to me. 

And I'm a hypcrite because, come to think of it I sit in front of my computer and make my life miserable too.... I can't get away from it. I'm a dweeb.

You described a cracker  perfectly. A person who uses a computer in ways that make other people miserable.

Don't  feel bad. There  is nothing wrong with spending lots of time in front of the computer if it is constructive and you  are doing things that you enjoy,. find interesting, and fullfilling.  Heck, it's no different than many of us who will spend days and days setting up an antenna, rebuilding a transmitter, building a class E rig, etc. For us it's enjoyment and satisfying. But I'd imagine there are others who would consider radio people to be strange, geeky, weird, etc. 

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »

touchè.  good point about radio. Yes I'm a radio a dweeb at heart.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »

It's back up already - that was fast.  Thanks, Gary!

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
W2JTD

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

I wish them all paindul ulcerating and pustulent cancers, and I will laugh out loud while listening to the sweet sound of the lamentations of their women.

And I'm a pacifist vegetarian. Geez!

-Paul W2JTD

Moe: Where were you born? Curly: Lake Winnipesaukee. Moe: How do you spell that? Curly: W-O... woof! Make it Lake Erie. I got an Uncle there.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »

Bravo Gary for getting the site back up so quickly. You showed those hackers!
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »

ha, thats a lot from you paul Smiley,,,  I worked on a major mainframe operating system
itself on par with IBM, for over 10 years.  A hole in security was a major scram. I
fixed a few of them, trust me Microsoft should be liable for billions for their slip
shod security. On a talk show I offered to be a prosecution witness if it ever came
to pass, with my OS experience. In this case I suspect it is this forum application
that may be at fault. dunno, dunno bill gates stuff..

am forever!
John Holotko

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 07:46:17 PM »

Bravo Gary for getting the site back up so quickly. You showed those hackers!

CRACKERS !!! not hackers  Grin Grin Grin

John Holotko

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 07:48:40 PM »

ha, thats a lot from you paul Smiley,,,  I worked on a major mainframe operating system
itself on par with IBM, for over 10 years.  A hole in security was a major scram. I
fixed a few of them, trust me Microsoft should be liable for billions for their slip
shod security. On a talk show I offered to be a prosecution witness if it ever came
to pass, with my OS experience. In this case I suspect it is this forum application
that may be at fault. dunno, dunno bill gates stuff..

Problem is that this forum runs php instead of Perl. And we all know Perl is better.  Grin Grin Grin

Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 08:32:47 PM »

A Perl of great worth!

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

for the old buzzards

http://www.officialjanis.com/b_albums_pearl2.html

What? Me worry?
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »

The same mentality as the people who break out the windows of vacant buildings, or as in one case I recall, broke into the TX building of an AM broadcast station gone dark and busted up all the 833A's in the transmitter.  Around here, they regularly make the rounds smashing rural mailboxes.

In the local vernacular we call them "trash."

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 11:06:30 PM »

They smash rural mailboxes around here, too.
And blow them up, put rattlers in them, and...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »

CRACKERS !!! not hackers

Crackers? What are you talking about. Crackers are certain white people from the South. Or something you put cheese on. These guys were hackers, pure and simple and Gary showed them hackers the what for!
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 01:16:02 AM »

HAH!  They IFFED... when they should have ELSED!  Losers.

John Holotko

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 03:05:41 AM »

CRACKERS !!! not hackers

Crackers? What are you talking about. Crackers are certain white people from the South. Or something you put cheese on. These guys were hackers, pure and simple and Gary showed them hackers the what for!

I always thought the term "computer programmer" was a bizzare term. Any idiot can learn to program a computer, How does  "computer programmer" become a ultimate carreer or professional goal ? It's a joke. And with todays high level langauges it's eassier than ever. Most "programmers" I have known learned to program on their own. By profession most of them were scientists, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, musicians, actors, english teachers, soothsayers etc. Those are true professions. Computer  programming is something one learns to do so they can use computers to make certain jobs easier. Some learn it because they think it's enjoyable. Oh yeah, I understand some people work for software companies and they program computers everyday for a living. That's fine and I am sure many are extremely skilled. But I still don;t consider "computer programming" a profession in and of itself.

GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 06:02:34 AM »

Let's get the nomenclature right folks. The people who defaced the board are not "hackers" they are "crackers". The process of breaking in and defacing things in cyberspace is called "cracking" not "hacking". Big difference between the two. A "hacker" is a skilled programmer who is capable of solving (often complex) problems quickly using programming skills and knowledge acquired through years of experience. "Hackers" are generally constructive and do good things. Crackers are the ones who break into computers, deface websites, etc. usually for either recognition or for some monetary gain,  Some crackers are also very skilled but most are just cheap copycat script kiddies.

I thought Crackers were from down south.
John Holotko

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 06:13:44 AM »

That's exactly what Steve/HUZ said. So we'll have to leave it at that bypopular opinion.  Smiley

GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 06:54:39 AM »

That's exactly what Steve/HUZ said. So we'll have to leave it at that bypopular opinion.  Smiley
Guess I should have read the entire thread.
Say, You haven't seen a Ted Nugent thread around here, have you?  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015