The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:48:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a Truck - Need Tire Opinions  (Read 9632 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 08:46:16 AM »

Tom,
The break thing works well I've used it. Balances the power to the rear wheels.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 04:49:03 PM »

One trick one can do with the parking brake especially with the cables are exposed is to pull on the cable to the wheel the spins and create more drag on that wheel and force the other wheel turn instead.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Fred k2dx

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:20 PM »

I've had three sets of Michelin LTX's on 2 full size Chevy K5 Blazers and will be sticking with them. Very comfortable and quiet on road, decent off road. Good in rain and snow. I've been using 31's. At around 60,000 miles they have plenty of tread left so I put them outside (chained!) and sell them for 100 - someone always wants them for a beater or work truck and I get a fresh set.

I have used National Tire and Battery for many years, their prices are good. I use the free lifetime spin balance and rotation service every 5000 miles and you can stand over the serviceman's shoulder to watch. Sears owned NTB for a while and I think Sears also offfers the lifetime spin balance/rotation service but I'm not sure. NTB may be NTW now.

Another item to consider is that wider tires are more prone to hydroplaning. The heavier the tire the more energy it takes to get it rolling, rolling resistance also relates to fuel efficiency... the LTX's are good in all respects. They aren't the cheapest tire but IMHO this is one time cost is a secondary consideration.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 08:46:35 AM »

Tom...

I have a Ram Charger 2001  ( this SUV dont be exported to US), Is a heavy vehicle based on a full size pick up, I has been running the Michelin LTX M/S tires for more than 50K miles and they still looks like new, BTW I use this tires in my trip from Mexico city to Orlando 2 years ago, and no complains

Good luck!

Pedro

Pedro,
        Good hearing from you! Is there any chance we'll hear you on 75 or 160M this coming fall? I'd definitely like to work you. We could setup a 20M sideband sked, but it wouldn't be something special like AM is. The last I heard from you I think you were about to put your BC-610 on the air. How did you make out with it?

I speak for myself and lots of others here on the AMBBS that hope to talk to you on the air.
Best Regards,
                  Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015