The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:17:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eyeball _N3OBX (Vortex Joe) and Slab Bacon (KB3AHE)  (Read 12774 times)
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 07:44:59 AM »

Chris, and Joe,
                      I had a very pleasnt telefonium qso with Steve last night. He is doing well. I was poking him with a stick to get him to get back on the air!!

the Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 08:05:01 AM »

Chris, and Joe,
                      I had a very pleasnt telefonium qso with Steve last night. He is doing well. I was poking him with a stick to get him to get back on the air!!

the Slab Bacon

Frank,
       I appreciate the nudging to get Steve back on the air. I always enjoy talking to him. I heard he was on 75M slopbucket about a week ago. If he can get on ssb, he can get on AM. I'm not sure what equipment he has left, but I know he has his Globe Kings, and other gear that will transmit AM. I may even have offered him a loaner or two. I bet it was good getting caught up with things between you two'ins.

Chris,
      If you have Steve's number please give him a call to "nudge" him as well. If you need his fonium number send me an IM and I'll give it to you.

I remember all of the commercial and military stuff he had in his basement, the Globe Kings and TR-7 station in his kitchen, along with the huge blackboard with everyone's telefonium number on it, and the HT4-H out on the back patio. The HT4-H went from Steve's house to the shack of Ray, WD2AFJ, and eventually got "sucked" into my basement shack. What a job it was moving it. I'm still recuperating from the adventure three or four years ago - hi!

Steve definitely had a "military and commercial rig Vortex" in his basement since you had to watch where you walked. There were military and commercial rigs everywhere. If you didn't watch your step, you would definitely step on something! I think he had two Viking II's, DX-100's, a new uncrated ART-13, Bendix ATD, and lots of other "stuff" and useful bits, transformers, etc. down there as well. I always loved going into the "Vortex" Steve had in his basement and throughout his whole house.

Best Regards,
                  Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »

Vortex Joe, I'd heard of you and your vortex before I ever showed up here on amfone.  KD2NX and I have known each other for a number of years.  He's a good guy too and when I met him he had quite a collection of great stuff too.  I had met him due to our common interests in Motorola stuff, but goodness knows I surely appreciated his boatanchor collection in the kitchen as well.

I'm overdue to call him.  I'll be sure to let him know you mentioned him.   I know he'll be happy about that.

Mr. Pop.  Yep, I remember that.  Too funny.

"And which one's Pink?"

Chris,
      Did Steve ever do his A-rab imitation for you? It was a "hoot" and he was always right on the money!
      Regards,
                 Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015