The AM Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:09:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modulation Monitor News  (Read 3082 times)
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« on: May 26, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »

I have been watching QIX's progress and I thought for some time this project had stalled. I was happy to see this today. I am making my order now.

http://www.radioassociates.com/
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »

Yes Mike, we saw an example of this unit at W1E, the AM Festival Station at Hosstraders (New Hampshire).

Steve had told me one possible improvement under consideration is to come up with silkscreens to enable production of a multi-color painted front panel instead of the adhesive appliqué he has used in this early example.

I was impressed at the headphone air monitor function with phase reversal switch. Very clean audio, and plenty of level available.

Has he quoted you a delivery time? 

* ModMon.jpg (385.09 KB, 772x656 - viewed 710 times.)
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »

Hi Paul,

I saw the monitor in action in the hosstraders video. I thought it might be a prototype. The shot was at night and not very clear but you could make out the general layout. The picture you posted shows the new modification.

I sent an email to Steve last weekend but haven't heard anything back yet. I want to build the kit. I'll follow up here when I have news.

By the way, the Gates Vanguard I restoration and modifications are almost finished. The 20V-3 will be back up soon as well.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015