The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture  (Read 2748 times)
wb1aij
« on: March 24, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »

How do I go about inserting a picture next to my postings? I have a pic of my ARC-39 Transceiver that I am trying to enter into my profile to "spruce up" my postings.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »

How do I go about inserting a picture next to my postings? I have a pic of my ARC-39 Transceiver that I am trying to enter into my profile to "spruce up" my postings.
You might check the "Using the BBS section for info on avatars but briefly:

Go to "Forum Profile Information". You have a choice of several options

Personalized Picture:
Do Nothing

I have my own pic:
Specify your own avatar by URL. (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif)

I will upload my own picture:

When done, click on change profile.

The key is this: "The largest picture size allowed is 100 wide  x 175 high. The program is set up to refuse the avatar if larger than those dimensions." Follow what I said above. Then double click on "Browse"  and it should point to your C: drive. Change directories to where your proposed new avatar resides. Double click it, and the entire link to it should appear in the Browse field. Click "change profile" and if it doesn't exceed the size requirements, it should appear as your new avatar. If you don't see it, even after you refresh the screen, most likely it's too big.

You could also go to the bottom when creating or editing a post, click Additional Options, and upload a picture to your post. Here's one I pulled from somewhere off the web, saved it to my hard drive, and then uploaded it with the "Additional Options". Note, you can't preview this picture in the text, until you post it.

* arc-39.jpg (29.71 KB, 342x258 - viewed 440 times.)

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »

Bob,
For displaying a personal avatar you can simply do what Pete said by going into Personal CP (profiles) and uploading from your computer.  The way it works the avatar image (restricted by size) is copied from your machine and placed on the AMFone server.  The AMFone server stores this image.

However, The AMFone server does not store any other image that you want to include in a posting.  If you want to post other pictures (1 or more) in a posting you will need a remote server either provided by your ISP or some free remote server where you upload the image(s) too that you want to display. You will need to know the hyperlink and then provide the hyperlink of the server and filename where the image(s) are to be stored so that you  can include the link(s) in your posting.   

Once all that is done you simply post the hyperlink into the message text and either click on the image tag button (second button in the bottom row) or stick the link in between the html tags shown below.

(img)  Insert your image link between these html tags (/img)
Substitute "(" for "[" and  ")" for "]"

Hope that makes sense.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 11:15:48 AM »

You can upload an image from your computer to the AM Forum server so it appears in your post (like Pete did above) by clicking on the "additional Options" tab and using the "attach" option when you're posting a reply..... however, linking to a location other than the AM Forum where your photo is stored will reduce bandwidth and probably save Gary some money.

However, The AMFone server does not store any other image that you want to include in a posting.  If you want to post other pictures (1 or more) in a posting you will need a remote server either provided by your ISP or some free remote server where you upload the image(s) too that you want to display.

Here's an image stored on my personal website, linked/placed here by clicking on the "insert image" icon

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »

You can upload an image from your computer to the AM Forum server so it appears in your post (like Pete did above) by clicking on the "additional Options" tab and using the "attach" option when you're posting a reply..... however, linking to a location other than the AM Forum where your photo is stored will reduce bandwidth and probably save Gary some money.

I stand corrected. Didn't know you could do that here.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015