The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Indestructable" Transmitter ??  (Read 33515 times)
WA3VJB
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »

You don't know cheese until you have Danish Havarti, block or sliced.
Ooooo La  La
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

Ooooo La La

Too mild.
Cheese isnt worth eating unless it smells like dirty socks.
The sharper the better!!!!!!

I guess its just that dago thing again.

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

Ooooo La La

Too mild.
Cheese isnt worth eating unless it smells like dirty socks.
The sharper the better!!!!!!

I guess its just that dago thing again.

The Slab Bacon

Smelly cheese = minqua forte. If it smells like cologne, I leave it alone!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »

Ooooo La  La

Paul,
      Perhaps Harvati is like a Danish woman. Soft and delicious with a delicate bouquet.

Perhaps provolone and smelly Italian cheeses are like my ideal Italian woman. A lady in the parlor, and a pouton in bed!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 03:26:49 PM »

remember "Gumby" his sister was named Mingua but I think she smelled like plastic.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »

and Joe she has to be good at cooking and cleaning too.
Also thinks ham radio keeps you out of trouble.
But loves to see junk leaving the house.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 03:41:26 PM »

Ah, yes "the way to a man's heart is still through his stomach"

As far as the YL goes you got to train them right, mine even looks for junk for me at hamfests!!!!
                                                       The Slab Bacon

(if you dont believe me ask any of the locals)

Smells like plastic, Hmmm.......................... Now thats a scarey thought!!!!

WA1GFZ

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 03:50:43 PM »

let's see, transmitters, food, beaver, rigs.........I think we closed the loop on thei thread.
WA3VJB
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »

She was ALL PLASTIC  !!!
All plastic.

--WA1HLR, "The Tillie and Lillie Story" as told at Chuck WA1EKV's house

WA1GFZ

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2006, 04:03:36 PM »

Wait a minute Paul, Tim added a little human touch....fur

That classic should be stored here.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2006, 07:33:50 AM »

Frank,
         I left here yesterday craving something nasty and garlicky, Went home, made and devoured a huge bowl of capallini with oil and garlic. Damn, it hit the spot, it was so strong that i am still belching it, and it tastes as good as it did yesterday!!

Paul,
      I still have a hissette of the "Tim and Tillie" story around somewhere. As recorded by Steve (huz) when Timmy retold it to us on new years night around 5 years ago. If anyone wants to hear it I will break it out for the pharty.

The Slab Bacon

Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »

Frank,
         I left here yesterday craving something nasty and garlicky, Went home, made and devoured a huge bowl of capallini with oil and garlic. Damn, it hit the spot, it was so strong that i am still belching it, and it tastes as good as it did yesterday!!

The Slab Bacon

Frank - Would Carol kiss you Goodnight?
                                                      Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

WA1GFZ

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »

You guys should burn some CDs so Tim can sell them at Hostraders.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »

There are so many really good sound sound bites out there, someone should do an
"AM's Greatest Hits" cd, but no one has as of yet. I think Bruce (UJR) was talking about it some time ago, but it never happened. I told him to let me know the price and put me on the list, I wanted one.

I would give just about anything to have a recording of The Prime Minister and Irb
in the imfamous "Shut up Irb" episode. I laugh till my sides hurt everytime I hear it!!!!
You can just see his eyes bulging out of his head with the tone of voice!

There have been so many great moments in AM that it would be a crime for them to dissapear and be forgotten about.

There are so many really good sound clips out that it would make a fabulous cd and I'm sure there would be a waiting list to get them. It sounds like a great business opportunity, but I dont have the equiptment to do it.

Any takers out there?Huh

The Slab Bacon

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »

After all:

A Heathkit Apache about $250

A Super Pro 600 about  $600

A Johnson 500 about  $5000

The Prime Minsta tearing Irb a new one....................Absolutely Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WA3VJB
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2006, 09:54:55 AM »

Yeah there are many many famous "audio moments" that circulate in the aether.
The first such legend was TimTron's "50C5 Story," which became an annual holiday offering usually told on either Chistmas Eve or New Years Eve.

There would be an all-night QSO underway, and it would be 30+ S9 and no QRM around 0500 GMT or so. Someone would typically realize the conditions, validate the mellow attitude of all involved, and would then call upon Timmy to "tell" the "50C5 Story" for us.

Tim would reflect a few minutes, be somewhat reluctant, but he would turn up the filaments on the 811 rig and return to the subject as we would all settle in.

Tape was often rolled on these renditions, and we would get one of several versions (a long, a short, and an interactive are in my own library alone).

A half hour later (shorter as the years past), when Timmy would get to the part about again encountering Little Billy Heiland at a Shady O'Rack, we were spent and the night was complete.

The universally understood nature of this story was demonstrated in 1977 when I took a particularly good recording of the "50C5 Story" down to Virginia Tech over Spring Break. I suppose that meant I had recorded it December 1976, or coming up on 30 years ago.

My best friend, Pete, WA3WBJ and his four room-mates were spellbound as the open reel spooled out the tale.  Indeed, years later, their group continues to write such words as "NERZLE" and "HYELLIFIED" on their Christmas cards to one another, and utter phrases such s "NOT LIKE THAT, LIKE THIS," as part of a language only The Wise understand.

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »

When I hear the "tim and tilly" story as told in such vivid detail by Timmy I can actually envision it happening something like this:

Knowing that Gary was part of it I can see him sitting at the table egging Timmy on, setting there with the proverbial szht eating grin on his face. Then I envision
Timmy sneaking up the stairs like the John Belushi charactor in "Animal House" when he snuck Niedermeyers horse into dean Wermers office, before Flounder shot it.
All the while you hear the "Mission Impossible" theme in the background..................

Some of these great "AM Moments" are just too good to let fade away. We really need someone to make some cd's so those who have never heard them can share in some of the fun.
                                                 The Slab Bacon 

WA3VJB
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2006, 10:20:08 AM »

"... there was this tap tap tap of an IBM Selectric as I came up the stairs, and a woman's voice called out WHO GOES THERE? as I guess I made some noise..."  "Then, I went into an unfinished area of the upstairs and it was dark and there was lumber laying around ... and I saw a door, and I said that must be the back door to one of them sluts !! (off mic, someone else utters 'Ten-Four, back door!"
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »

"Ah, Yes, Then I opened the door and looked down and saw Gary, he pointed that I had to go to the next door. I opened the next door and took my handkerchief and unfolded it. Then I started to remove some of the beard clippings"...........................

WA1GFZ

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

But does anyone have any W2OY on tape.....
W1TJX...is anyone around...is that you John?
WA3VJB
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2006, 12:19:12 PM »

Bert, WA3JYU has a ton of the older stuff.
His problem is organizing it and cranking it down to CD.
I had a prototype CD for a while that included some W2OY and Jesse K3GKB's famous paracheute jump, live on AM.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015