The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:16:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D-104 with MKIIG-Successfull  (Read 2423 times)
ki4kgw
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:06:13 PM »

Hey guys! About a week ago I posted a topic with seeking help/advice on using a D-104  Icom 706MKIIG.  Well, I bought the mic (actually 2) for $20 each, wired it up to my MKIIG and guess what-it works.  Had to turn the mic gain on the mic almost off and the mic gain on the radio down to the lowest setting and stay 6-9 inches away from the mic to prevent disstortion, but the two audio reports i've got on 2m repeaters have been good.  Haven't had a chance to try it on SSB, but the guy that gave me the 2m report is pretty critical (you can tell by his superb audio) so I am optimistic.  Now I'm brainstorming about building a homeade footswitch.  Thats one of the neat things about amateur radio-not only is it fun but it keeps you learning.  Thanx again for all the help.

73, KI4KGW
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:03:20 AM »

Outstanding!  What route did you go, in thru the mic jack or thru the input in the back of the radio as suggested by one of the guys here?

Now you need to build a strapping AM xmitter  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:08:18 AM »

.  Thats one of the neat things about amateur radio-not only is it fun but it keeps you learning.  .  [

Exactly right, Jesse.  Too bad more people, in and out of the hobby, don't realize that!

Herb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »

Jesse,
That's good news.  Glad it worked out.  Keep experimenting!!
Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015