The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Send Comments to the ARRL on RM11305 and RM11306 Too.  (Read 3199 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: January 30, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »

If I may suggest, in addition to filing comments on RM11305 and RM11306 to the FCC send comments to the ARRL and let them know where you stand on these issues too. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W9LBB
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:43:38 PM »

If I may suggest, in addition to filing comments on RM11305 and RM11306 to the FCC send comments to the ARRL and let them know where you stand on these issues too. 

>>Sigh<<

Long, long ago in a galaxy far away...   I dropped the ARRL like a bad habit. They don't
speak for me, and I don't speak to THEM. I haven't communicated with the League since
1970...   and that was to drop my membership in protest.

I find it amusing that once or twice a year I get something in the mail inviting me to come
back to the fold.

For my money, the ARRL hasn't done anything good for ham radio since the early 1960s.
Nowadays, they're like a Congressman; for sale to the highest bidder.

73's,

Tom, W9LBB
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:58:03 AM »

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why I would bother sending my Comments to  the ARRL.
What would it accomplish? Their attorney is responsible for sorting through what will be filed with the FCC in opposition to the Petition he wrote and submitted.  He also is responsible for filing any Comment that the group in Newington may wish to utter about RM-11305, the latest proposal that steps around the League from people who feel left out of their process.

The strongest message we can send to the people at the National Association for Amateur Radio (their other trade name, used mostly as they lobby Congress) is to continue to step around their disagreeable schemes, proposals and political maneuvers and submit rational, practical, effective ideas from time to time.

Let them find out, as they have learned with many FCC decisions the past few years, that people are thinking on their own these days, and that the ARRL is losing the franchise to "represent" ham radio. That's the most effective pressure we can place if we hope to change this moribund little group.

Paul/VJB

wa2zdy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »

But I'll bet sending copies to SMs and division directors would be fun, knowing they'd be pissing about the sudden influx of stuff - even if they just delete it which would be telling.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:26:01 AM »

The ARRL can read the comments off of the FCC Comment Filing lists like everyone else, if they want to.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »

The ARRL can read the comments off of the FCC Comment Filing lists like everyone else, if they want to.

Good points.  I need to learn to think out of the box occasionally.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015