The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:46:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nye-Viking Power Meter Calibration ??  (Read 5071 times)
nq5t
Contributing

« on: January 27, 2006, 08:34:04 PM »

Does anyone have calibration instructions for one of these critters?  ( I have the light-weight 3000W version).  I've attempted to contact Nye-Viking by phone and email within the last month or so, but have received no response -- maybe there's just too much fun to be had in Idaho to worry about such things.  Previous contact with these folks 3-4-or-who-knows-how-many years ago resulted in "the guy who knows how to do it is <dead, quit, at lunch, stoned, in prison, works for Autek, getting la*d, something> so there's no use in sending it to us and we don't have a clue ... " or words to that effect.

I've never been able to convince Nye to send anything, and haven't found any instructions after irritating a lot of people with too many posts to multiple lists, etc., and am, it seems, just too fricking slow to figure out what each of the pots inside the box are for.  It isn't broken, but as is typically the case, there's not a single meter in the house that reads the same as any other meter in the house.  The RF head isn't so much the issue as the various pots in the meter box. 

Thanks for the read, and any help you can provide  ... Grant/NQ5T
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »

Grant, BAMA has a file on the RFM-03 and -05. They are Deja vu files so you would have to download the viewer to check it out, (its free). I didn't look at the file since it was 1Mb and I'm using a dial-up modem. Try it out, what do you have to lose?

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
nq5t
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »

Grant, BAMA has a file on the RFM-03 and -05. They are Deja vu files so you would have to download the viewer to check it out, (its free). I didn't look at the file since it was 1Mb and I'm using a dial-up modem. Try it out, what do you have to lose?

BAMA has the standard manual.  Unfortunately is has no info on calibration, other than showing the location of the standard null/power adjustments on the RF head.  Nothing about the adjustments in the main unit.

I'm probably being overly an*l about it, but have been hoping to find complete set-up/calibration data.

Thanks ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015