The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:36:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Obituary  (Read 4868 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: January 22, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »

With deep regret we announce the passing of Mr. Ugly.

Mr. Ugly lived a long, active life and will be dearly missed and remembered for his reliable service for over fifteen years.  Mr. Ugly passed away in his sleep, this morning, as his last parts were removed from his beat-up tired old carcass, never again to see life. But, time marches on and technology improves.

But alas!  Mr. Ugly, being the generous soul his was, bequeathed all of his parts for science, to be used again so that another may live in his memory.

A memorial service will be held today in Marlborough, CT.   Immediately after, a dedication ceremony for a new Mr. Ugly II will take place. Rumor has it that the old and "dirty" Mr Ugly will be replaced with a cleaner model spouting class A drivers and RF negative feedback. 

Donations in his memory can be made to: Bank of America, in care of Mr. Ugly, Marlborough, CT.

Thank you.

Marlborough Funeral Home.

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:33:09 PM »

He was such a good tube.  Cry Always emitting despite his appearance, a true valve to the end, I't a shame.

I wish I could make the trip out T , I hope you can make it thru this tough time.

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:56:35 PM »

He was such a good tube.  Cry Always emitting despite his appearance, a true valve to the end, I't a shame.
I wish I could make the trip out T , I hope you can make it thru this tough time.
G

Thank you so much, G.  I appreciate the support. [sob]

Yes, it's been a tough time. I've been crying all morning.  There was a big obit in USA Today about it and  dignitaries have been flying in from all over the whirl to pay their respects. 

Many have been axing for locks of wire from poor old Mr. Ugly's harness.

Yes, please make the drive out here if you can. We can both start on the new chassis in the shop and support each other in this great time of sorrow.  [sob...choke... sob.... gag]

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »

He was such a good samaritan that he became an organ donor and when his time came he gave life to someone else by giving his organs to someone who could use them and again live a full life.   We should not think of Mr. Ugly as gone as a part of Mr. Ugly will always live on in those who received his organs.  RIP Mr. Ugly.  You still live on...

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 04:58:31 PM »

may the strap be with you Mr. Ugly
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 06:20:05 PM »

Mr. Ugly lived hard and played harder. His diet was whight lightening. He ran on the wrong side of town and he didn't floss. His last big party on Heavy Metal night was no exception. A brash and angry young man with so much potential. His passing was a shock to his family, friends,  and the world.

To hear he had the foresight to pen a living will and donate his organs so our suffering young might have a chance at a better life is reassuring. Mr. U, If you can hear me now, Thank you and rest in peace. Lips sealed
W1IA

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 06:41:49 PM »

You must have missed the court order....I represent the law firm of Whippit Stickit & Lickit.
It was our understanding that Mr. Ugly was on life support and you terminated his life prematurely.

After an intense investigation it was also discovered that an organ donor had been waiting for parts and that an illegal money transaction ensued.

Mrs. Ugly has not authorized the use of Mr. Ugly's parts as it was understood that they might be used in a SSB rig; violating all terms of the will & testament.

Please return all of Mr. Ugly's parts to there original condition for proper restoration.

Sincerely,

Will Takeallurmoney

Run What Ya Brung!
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 06:51:32 PM »

Well at least the builder got to take it apart and not some estate guy.
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 09:19:48 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

hahhahahahuhhahahaaa

You guys are killing me!!! 

T

WB2CAU

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »

My condolences, Mr. Vu... Are there any pre-mortem photos of Mr. Ugly?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »

I played a few rounds of "When The Saints Go Marching In" on my guitar last night for Mr Ugly.  Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

hahhahahahuhhahahaaa

You guys are killing me!!! 

T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015