The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: slurred speech  (Read 3309 times)
KE1GF
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:17:21 PM »

Hey crew, I wanted to let you know that I'm sick and take some very potent medication that effects my speech. So if you hear me on the air slurring my words, talking slower than usual or other related things, I'm not drunk or high. It's embarrassing enough as it is without people speculating that I get trashed before breakfast

Thanks,
-Bill 'GF
W1IA

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »

Hey crew, I wanted to let you know that I'm sick and take some very potent medication that effects my speech. So if you hear me on the air slurring my words, talking slower than usual or other related things, I'm not drunk or high. It's embarrassing enough as it is without people speculating that I get trashed before breakfast

Thanks,
-Bill 'GF

I think that peolple who know you that that is not the case. Hope you feel better OM. Tongue

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:09:04 PM »

Bill, Don't worry. I don't care if you're high, under the weather, feelin' good, or whatever.  Be Well!!!!!
Take it from me.  I've never been ashamed of being wobbly... No matter what the circumstance. Joke 'em if they can't take a f**k.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
k3zrf

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »

Bill, no sweat....I'll accept you in any package you come in. get well soon.

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
wa2zdy
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:21 AM »

What's wrong with being trashed before breakfast?  I used to do that lots - came in at 5am trashed then ate breakfast and went to bed.  Besides, it was the only way to face the day sometimes.

Oh but then I grew up.

I'm sure the guys who know you understand and those who would think less of you, well, I second RKW's comment exactly.
John Holotko

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:50:18 PM »

Well, if  you are on meds I hope youfeel better.

In years past I used to get deliberately trashed  and then get on the radio. Depending on what I took at and particuler time I could go from total high speed chatterbox to a slurred sluggish old  buzzard. Those were the days.These days I'm stuck  having to just be my  normal self.... and that's even worst.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015