The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The HuzMan was Right! I'm Smiling.  (Read 7174 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: January 20, 2006, 07:32:02 PM »

Last week HUZman told me that he picked up a Braun Oral B Sonic power toothbrush.  Said it was the goods. He said he knew I brushed my teeth a lot.... Grin

So, since I have blind faith in Steve, I ordered one from the website below. I've been using it for a few days now. It's unbelieveable! It produces sonic brushing for cleaning the teeth, tongue and massaging the gums. Three settings with built in timers.  After the recommended 2 minute use, I feel like I just got out of a professional dental cleaning.  Squeaky clean teeth and gums - much better than manual brushing. And, I also bought a water pick, which blasts a stream of water into the teeth and gums. Flossing is still recommended, however.

I highly recommend picking up one of these units. The best one with all the features normally costs $130  - but are on sale for $80 at the website below. Battery charger / brush holder included.

Wish I bought one years ago. We young buzzards have to be extra careful of our teeth and gums. A buddy told me today that the number one regret of old buzzards is that they wished they took better care of their teeth when they were younger...

I tried it on Yaz. He cringed at first, but I think he may get use to it.  He normally gets brushed once a week. [The brush head pops out easily to insert the doggy brush]

Does anyone else use one?

For a picture, description and sales, Go to:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mbstores-store/brorsocopoto.html

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »

yea.....but can it receive SSB Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »

What is an article on personal hygeine doing on a ham radio site  Grin

You've been to enough hamfests to realize...

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
KL7OF

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »

Does YAZ enjoy the tooth brushing?
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »

"What is an article on personal hygeine doing on a ham radio site "  Grin Grin Grin

Steve, no, I don't think Yaz III really enjoys his weekly brushings. Whenever he sees me sneak out the toothbrush and dental scrapper, he tries to take off.  But he has the cleanest choppers in Marlborough.

Yaz II lived to be 14 and had the same treatment. He had perfect teeth and gums. If I let it go, their teeth would be crusty yaellowly brown, in no time.

Yaz III was recently approached by a Crest executive to do endorsements for $ one million / year. But Tony Robbins got the job.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

Blaine N1GTU
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »

Tom,
this brush was recommended to me by my dentist yesterday.
I am going to order one myself.
got another appointment tommorow to have a cavity filled. only 2 cavities ever in my past 36 years of life.
one thing i wish i did was have my wisdom teeth removed when i was a kid, now i gotta have it done in the next few weeks  Shocked
maybe i can make a voodoo necklace with them.

I havent tried to brush the dogs teeth yet, i dont think he would be to happy if i did.
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »

Blaine,

I had the same problem and had my wisdom teeth pulled at about age 45. I had all four pulled the same session... yikes.  Two were growing sideways, indirectly pushing on my front teeth. So they had to go.

You'll love that Oral BJ Sonic toothbrush.  Let me know what your impression is.

I started Yaz out as a pup on brushing, even with his puppy teeth. Just to get him use to it.  I used to use chicken flavorerd dog toothpaste - easy on the stomach since they can't spit out. Would you like to use chicken toothpaste yourself? Or maybe liver flavored wud be better.  But now I use salt water for him. Works just as well and he doesn't mind.

T

W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 07:21:30 AM »

Tom:

Gee, I thought I heard sideband spurs on your transmitter...

Turn off your toothbrush when you transmit!

Dan
W1DAN

wa2zdy
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »

I don't have that particular model but my Oral B does indeed help.  I never had great teeth but since using the electric brush, things are much better on my checkups and like you said, after brushing, things feel so squeakie clean.  Makes it more enjoyable if brushing can be enjoyable at all.

WA1GFZ

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 07:01:40 PM »

sounds cool on the tooth brush. I have a bit of silver from a sleezie dentist as a kid who use to zing a mark on my teeth with his drill to create a cavity for next visit.
My teeth have been stable since I got a real dentist 30 years ago. Some suggest gum conditions can lead to heart problems.

But Tom Vu I'm not sure I would share a magic tooth brush with anyone or thing who cal lick their BAs. Kiss
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

Yeah, Franz, gums appear to have a big residual effect on general health.   Nothing like a set of healthy, pink gums.  The water pick sprayer is also good tool for gums care. I've started using it at each brushing.

BTW, Yaz has his own Oral BJ Sonic brush head. They pull off and on in a split second.  He use to use my old toothbrushes, but now he's a big shot.

T

WA1GFZ

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »

sorry Sgt. Anderson couldn't resist
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 09:56:51 AM »

Hey Tom, I got into the high tech world of brushing with a Sonicare about 6 months ago. Its a real good thing. My last checkup and cleaning  Shocked was like a vacation. Still have to floss, but I like to floss. You can buy these little tiny brushes, I forget what they are called, used in between teeth like floss. They are good at getting out the chunks that floss doesn't get. The problem with them is that their life span is limited, and when they break, you have a little metal/plastic thing stuck in between your teeth that is a pain in the scrote to get out. Grin
      Now, take your Oral B and put it close to a radio receiving device and listen to the QRM it makes! Take it over to Big Al's or some other ham that you visit and discreetly put it near the rx and see what happens. The Sonicare jammer works best at lower freqs............LB
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »

Larry,

OK on using a power brush for 6 months now.  And, especially the FB dental checkup.  I take it it has the "sonic" vibration.

When I was a kid, I had paper routes and lots of money to spend. I bought too much darned candy, was lax in brushing, and paid the price.  Well, my parents did with the dental bills. But since that time, I've taken good care of the choppers and have maybe one cavity every ten years now. Good care makes a HUGE difference.

I like to use floss called, "Glide", by Crest. It is more expensive, but feels like Teflon. Smooth. The other brands are like string and always break off and get caught in the teeth for me.

I saw a Sonic B, basic model in the newspaper today for only $18, on sale. No charger and bells and whistles, but now there's no excuse for anyone not to get one... Sitting here now after a brushing, I still can't believe how clean my gums and teeth feel.  Wish HUZ had told me years ago, but then, he just started using one too...

As you said, it's actually fun to use, unlike manual brushing.  There will come a time when everyone uses them. It's just like the higher standard now being raised with those  gel/stick-on teeth whitners. Soon everyone will be walking around with Tony Robbin's smiles and "normal" off white teeth will look Yaellowy... Grin  [sigh]

T

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 08:19:45 PM »

"So, since I have blind faith in Steve, I ordered one from the website below."

That's QUITE a message!

Yep, the sonic BJ is pretty sweet. I wouldn't have believed it myself, until I used it. Gotta give the XYL her due. She's the one who got the Sonic brush in the first place.

The Glide floss is made with/of Goretex. So it's mighty strong but very thin. Good stuff. After seeing old man mess with dentures for years, I don't want that scene. Brush away!

I took my old power tooth brush (rotary type) down to the shop. It's great for cleaning up dirty panels and chassis.

Tony Robbins indeed! Grin Grin
WA1GFZ

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »

My dentist gave me these cool tapered tooth picks that work a lot better than floss for me. My teeth are pretty tight and floss even the thin stuff is hard to feed between them. i'm going to get one now and watch 24 with the xyl   73
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015