The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroplating tank coils and other RF things  (Read 10696 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 04:41:27 PM »

Hey Bob,
Thanks for the "Cool Amp" tip.  I looked "Cool Amp" up on the net and the product is still available.  It seems that there are several plating products for the DIY'er which is good. 

Glad that you're able to use the rack for the 160 rig.  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Do you have any electronics built yet?   

The transformer you gave me for my screen supply should work out dandy. Thanks!

I've made a little more progress on my 813 rig since you saw it last.  But I have to do a little rework on the modulator.  I have to redo the face plate.  When I had it cut, it was cut 1 inch to short (because of a brain fart on my part) so I have to have another one cut then redrill holes and cut holes for the meters. It turns out the mod transformer sticks up to high for my liking. So I want a little more clearance.  Other than that mistake things are moving, not fast but they are moving forward for the most part.  I had to make some side brackets to support the modulator chassis.  Because the mod transformer is heavy I got a little nervous that the faceplate alone wouldn't support the chassis. What a PITA it was to make this from scratch and to get everything to line up properly.  For future metal bending projects I may invest in a bending brake.

My next step is to build up the PS. At the last minute I decided to use a separate rack for the PS and control circuitry so the 813 rig will be two racks and they'll sit side by side.  One rack for the PS and the other for the transmitter.  This will free up some space in the transmitter rack for future additions.

So things are slowly moving along.  One step at a time. Eventually I'll get it done.  Can't wait to put the fire to the wire. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015