The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:21:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashtabula Bill coffee mug makes Top 10  (Read 4399 times)
W1GFH
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »

A coffee mug bearing the likeness of Ashtabula Bill, W8VYZ has earned a spot in CafePress' top ten selling "radio station" mug lineup which features such giants as KFOG and KHJ Boss Radio.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/Ne-10036_N-1605+10040_bt-2

(OK, I don't know if it's really top ten or best selling, but if you select "sort by popularity" it DOES show up on the page right after Punjabi FM and before Soul Connection.......)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »

I still wear my Ashtabula Bill T shirt!
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:42:36 AM »

Hey Derb,
glad to your still kickin, where the hell ya been hidin?? Long time no hear / see!!!

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »

It only stands to reason, Ashtabula Bill has a far larger coverage area than KFOG and KHJ.
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 07:35:40 AM »

It only stands to reason, Ashtabula Bill has a far larger coverage area than KFOG and KHJ.

That's the truth!!!

He is indeed a legend, and he does it all with the most buzzardly equiipment imaginable.
Notice the pink "SSB Sucks" button on Bill's shirt and the large power switchbox in the background labeled "AM".

-Bruce

* W8VYZ Ant Tuner.jpg (165.41 KB, 597x407 - viewed 498 times.)

* W8VYZ at Mic.jpg (119.59 KB, 590x390 - viewed 450 times.)

* Dayton 2000 at W8VYZ.jpg (140.75 KB, 590x390 - viewed 439 times.)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 11:42:17 PM »

Hi Slab and everyone else.

Well, let's see what has happened here.....I asked that girl you met some years ago to marry me and she said yes...so thats pending, and she moved in with me....still have no real desire to get back on the air, consider myself retired from hamming, but I do miss the gangsterism. I just dont miss the radios. Strange, Eh? I am still working at the same old place and still working on my invention which will become reality finally in about 3 months time. Gloria and I have 7 dogz and 9 cats and 3 birds.

Slab, we should get together and have a FB OM Chink Food party like the old dayz. I'll buy. Tell me when. I'd like to see the W4DKE rig, last I heard it was about 90% done. Whats the deal?

Derb
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »

Derb,
        Its been a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time since I've seen yo mug!! I'd love for us to get together. We 'll definately have to get something worked out, it would definately be way kool!! You might want to consider the post timmonium party this year, it will be on March 25 this year, I'll be posting the official announcement here soon. Either way, I'd love to see yo mug!!! I definately miss our old carryings on!
       The W4DEK transmitter is about 80% finished. The PA deck is finished and back in the rack. The mod tranny has been baked out and redipped, and the mod deck is complete and installed. I have installed an early type Millen exciter (courtesy of KD2XA). And the HV power supply is done and in the rack. The wiring harness is done too. All that I have left to do is build the LV and Biass supply deck and it ready to fire off. I also have a full set of coilz for 160 - 10m and some spare 8005s! I just havent had a chance to get back to it.     
        My email and fone numbas are still the same, lets get in touch with each other and get together!! Lemme know!
                                                               The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015