The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beaming west right now looking for west coast - 3885  (Read 5666 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: January 02, 2006, 10:31:53 PM »

Calling CQ

Looking for west  coast in the static...

3885 at 11:30 PM local ..

T - K1JJ

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

?? what time ??          klc

What? Me worry?
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 11:11:48 PM »

You cooked your clock OM.
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:15:09 AM »

Or was that 10:30PM?  I never set my clock back. I refuse to... Grin

The band started out dead. Turned into a good night despite the heavy static - with two west coast stations checking in.

Worked on 3885:

WA5DKG   TX
KE5CDK  TX
W9IBL   WI
W0GZV   TX
KL7OF  WA  !
KB0TDA  MO
W0GZV  TX
N5ZGT  NM
WA6FIZ  CA !
NA7RH  AZ -   50W  6DQ5
WB3HUZ  VA
WD8BIL  OH
KH6JS Hiram  HI

There's lots of guys always listening and ready to rock, even on a QRN night.
I plan to do this again every few nights for an hour or so. Will post again.   Grin 

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »

KH6JS Hiram  HI

I see Hiram JS has moved to his winter quarters.  He must have the G5RV in some mighty tall palm trees.

Go Duke![/b]
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »

Good work thru the hash last night Vu. I'm glad I turned the volume up for one last listen.

Hopefully we'll get a few good quiet nights before spring. All the signals wud have been OK FINE without the lightening crashes.

In all, a fine night hooking up with you and the HUZMAN !!

KA7WOC

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 09:37:16 AM »

Tom,
You were easy listening on Whidbey Island last night.  I was hanging on 160 waiting for the locals to show and decided to give a listen on 85.  Did not have the xmitter on in time to give a call.  You were just signing.  Most of the others were in the noise.
ka7woc

Bob (aka Boatyard)
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 03:08:41 PM »

Tom,
You were easy listening on Whidbey Island last night.  I was hanging on 160 waiting for the locals to show and decided to give a listen on 85.  Did not have the xmitter on in time to give a call.  You were just signing.  Most of the others were in the noise.
ka7woc

Hi Bob,

Tnx for the report, OM!

I get a kick out of working you guys on the west coast in lousy conditions.  There's nothing like connecting up with a guy running 50W and a dipole at 30' out there. ie, if these guys prove to themselves they can make it across the USA, then there's big confidence when working anywhere in the area closer. 

From this point of view, Steve, KL7OF in WA is one of the guys who can hear about anyone out here with his beverage system. It's all about hearing.  A big transmitter stirs up activity, but then ya gotta hear 'em.  That's the hard part..  Grin

I plan to get on again tonight, assuming there is a clear freq between 3875-3890. Give me a call for a quick chat and report, OM.

T

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »

Maybe tonite you'll work Roy, W0MQA, T  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »

Maybe tonite you'll work Roy, W0MQA, T  Grin

I hope so!  I haven't heard "Mr. Quincy Adams" in at least a year, John. The last time I talked with him he was guest operating from Mt. Airy, MD.

I plan on getting on tonight about 10:30 PM for a few calls out west.

T

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »

I think that's past his bed time.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Gary - WA4IAM
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 02:41:02 PM »

Nice to finally have an AM QSO with you Tom! Conditions on 75m were great last night. N6PY as west coast NCS of the Collins AM Night was coming in just fine around 10:30pm local over my infamous "semi-submerged" 160m loop. As usual your signal was +20+ down here in NC, and your audio was a joy to listen to. I look forward to chatting again soon!

73, Gary - WA4IAM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015