The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:29:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 Meters This Afternoon - Were you on?  (Read 4442 times)
W1UJR
« on: December 26, 2005, 07:44:10 PM »

If you were party to some unusual "activity" involving a certain Vermont station this afternoon on 75 meters, I'd greatly appreciate an email, or even better an audio tape.

Tnx - Bruce W1UJR
www.w1ujr.org
W1UJR
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:08:04 AM »

Received all I need.
Thanks!
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:39:15 PM »

What happened?  Did the ghost of Blown-away Bob rise from the radio grave?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 07:54:56 AM »

Bruce,
         Are you still working on the "AM's Gteatest Hits" CD?Huh?  I still want a copy.
Inquiring minds want to know!!!
                                                          The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 08:20:36 AM »

Oh yea, nearly forgot about that.

Ok, will have one for sure at the Spring HossTraders.

One challange which I had, perhaps you can help, is software which will take the audio input from the tape player into the computer and then change it into a format which I can then burn onto a CD or DVD.
Ideas or suggestions?

-Bruce
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 03:34:53 PM »

Bruce,

Recently I've been using audiograbber to move music from aging record albums to mp3 for portable listening. It can take audio in from the soundcard and make a temporary or permanent .wav file, which you could further edit with other tools, and then convert .wav to .mp3. I use the LAME encoder plug in with good results. (the supplied encoder only goes to 56 kbps or so, but there are links to where to download and install the LAME encoder which goes up to 128 kbps and higher on the audiograbber page). There are other programs with more features for $$, but audiograbber is freeware and so far meets my needs.

Kevin, WB2EMS

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 10:37:56 PM »

Check out Audacity. It's a pretty nice multi-platform, audio recorder/editor. And it's freeware! It comes with, or you can DL add-ons for MP3 encoding (LAME based). With the LAME add-ons, it will encode MP3 from 16 to 320 kbps rates.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Once you get a master CD made, I can dup a bunch of copies for you, if you'd like.
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 11:12:28 AM »

If you were party to some unusual "activity" involving a certain Vermont station this afternoon on 75 meters, I'd greatly appreciate an email, or even better an audio tape.

Tnx - Bruce W1UJR
www.w1ujr.org

Christ I can only imagine.. FB website Bruce.

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 11:37:37 AM »

Hi Bruce,
            I'm sorry that I couldnt help you with the software question but it looks like a lot of the group can! Thanks guys!! The compuker thing has gone long past me and I dont even try to keep up with it. Had a nasty compuker problem here on Christmas day. After the 9th lock up and "blue screen of death" I lost it and took my frustrations out on the keyboard. I started pounding on it with my right fist until i litterally beat it into pieces! Boy that felt good!!!! I beat that mother into crumbs, and finally half into 2 pieces!!!!
          I'll bet that when you get it put together it will go platinum within the first day out!!!   WE all have been wanting an AM's greatest hits collection for a loooonnnngg time!! Happy New Year!!!!!!
                                                              The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W1UJR
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »

Hi Bruce,
            I'm sorry that I couldnt help you with the software question but it looks like a lot of the group can! Thanks guys!! The compuker thing has gone long past me and I dont even try to keep up with it. Had a nasty compuker problem here on Christmas day. After the 9th lock up and "blue screen of death" I lost it and took my frustrations out on the keyboard. I started pounding on it with my right fist until i litterally beat it into pieces! Boy that felt good!!!! I beat that mother into crumbs, and finally half into 2 pieces!!!!
          I'll bet that when you get it put together it will go platinum within the first day out!!!   WE all have been wanting an AM's greatest hits collection for a loooonnnngg time!! Happy New Year!!!!!!
                                                              The Slab Bacon

Understand the feeling, computers can be more frustrating than almost anything else in modern life, which is why I refuse to have one in the hamshack.

I promise to work on the Greatest Hits CD/DVD for release this spring.
Just a matter of spending yet more time in front of ...you guesed it, a computer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015