The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Operation via Internet?  (Read 2761 times)
K2PG
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:50:07 PM »

Perhaps some of you younger computer-oriented guys could help me with a project. I currently operate my 160 meter AM station in New Jersey by remote control, using the regular telephone system. Two telco lines are used, one for bidirectional audio and one for telemetry/control tones. Since I am running analog audio through a POTS line, the audio quality leaves MUCH to be desired.

Do any of you know how I could set up a bidirectional, two-channel audio link on the Internet? One channel would be used for telemetry tones and the other for audio going into my transmitters and coming from my remote receiver. Echolink and IRLP are distant cousins of what I would like to do, but their off-the-shelf software probably would not work in this application. (I also don't have Linux on any of my computers.) I don't need to do any remote control as part of the computer program. I need only to get two channels of audio between Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with one of those channels carrying my telemetry.

Please e-mail me at phil@k2pg.com if you have any ideas.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:08:56 PM »

For lots of help on this project, contact Marv, KC9VF at
kc9vf@arrl.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015