The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Play With Other Modes...  (Read 13378 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2005, 02:50:05 PM »

Glenn - For mobile CW I use an MFJ Iambic paddle set strapped to the armpad on the console between the front seats.  Initially I used a WW2 Brit tank operators strap on knee key, but that got ackward on short trips.  The Yaesu has a built in keyer. 

There are a lot of good CW ops that hang around 7030, lots of them mobiles.  Run into alot of them at drive times.  At night, can work DX all over the place.  Some of the better long hauls I've had are another mobile in an 18 wheeler on the island of Crete, a Russian icebreaker/enviro-tourist cruise ship off the Antarctic pennisula, Japan just after local sunrise here, the Crimea, and Argentina.  Calling CQ on 40 CW at night mobile will result in DX about as often as stateside QSOs.  Don't like 20 and up for mobile CW even though DX is easier.  No one rag chews up there - pretty much all just 599 PSE QSl contest type exchanges.  I really laugh at those one exchange QSOs where they say "HPE TO CUAGN SOON OM".  Why would I want to if you have nothing to say?

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015