The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:39:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Valiant Question  (Read 2602 times)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« on: December 12, 2005, 06:02:13 PM »

I finally finished transmitter weekend here high atop Mt. Rushtown. I managed to dig into two transmitters to find what ails them. The Valiant has a burned up relay. One of the wires in between the contacts managed to get pinched and shorted 120VAC to ground. At the sametime it wiped out the coil on the relay. What I need to know is what the voltage is for the relay. I find it hard to believe EFJ would put 120VDC on the keying line to the mic for PTT. I think that is the case but I want to make sure before I replace it and will a 120VAC relay work as well? The DX-100 managed a bad driver transformer for the 1625's. I'm curious if there is a nice resistive coupled circuit that would couple the 12BY7 to the 1625's.
Many thanks.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA1HZK

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:53:48 PM »

Yup, It's HV DC on the PTT. If the relay is truly crapped out it's time to add a 12 or 24 volt supply to the rig & re-work the PTT ckt. with a better relay that will not light you up when you come in contact with the PTT line.
Keith
WA1HZK

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015