The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3875  (Read 4616 times)
WA1HZK

« on: November 29, 2005, 10:45:18 PM »

Am I wrong or has the jamming from the slop buckets gotten so much worse on 75 lately? Every time I fire up in the "window" I'm jammed by the moaner, CW guy, slow scan guy and some assorted strange sounding rednecks. This is getting stupid. And 3885 seems to be the new Spanish calling channel. I'm finding myself getting really pissed because I listen to the slop bucket guys bragging about blowing away those "CB'ers. Ca'mon get those big rigs on the air. QRO!!

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:42:43 AM »

Keith,
You're not wrong.  I've observed some idiot behavior not to mention just down  right malicious interference from some of these guys in the midwest for the last couple of nights. 
Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:39:18 AM »

time to let the big dogs out of the pen
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 08:51:48 AM »

The interference problem in now more prevalent because of increased propogation this season.  There is a group of 4 land guys that love to cause trouble on 3.878 each day, many times on USB.  High power and lots of mic gain.  In California there is a net I hear on 3.885 which has caused most of the West Coast guys to congegrate on 3.875 about 8 PM CST. 

Now that winter is here more guys are coming in to operate which exaggerates the problem.  Remember if they find an empty frequency, they are going to jump on it no matter where it is, so if 3.885 does not have activity they will settle there.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:45:37 AM »

Hi Jim, good catching you last night. Yes you're correct in that one man's
QRM is another's QSO, but I'm noticing a lot of QRM of the deliberate
variety on 75 of late, more so than last year, SSB stations zero-beating only for the self-admitted purpose of QRM.

-Bill/hg
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:22:07 PM »

Ca'mon get those big rigs on the air. QRO!!

Keith,

I agree completely.  What ticks me off about some of our fellow AMers is that under those kinds of conditions they get on with 20-40 watts and buzzard away.  I can't think of a better or faster way to lose a freq. than to have one of our own putting out a piss weak signal when the band is loaded with Scientific Set Back.  QRO fer sure!  As K2LNU often says, QRP is anything not water cooled.

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:35:04 PM »

These guys have been trying for 20 years to blow existing AM conversations out of their way. They failed even back when many AMers ran lower power than today. Just keep on operating. Roll tape in case they try to play Riley for a fool.
WA1HZK

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 06:37:34 PM »

One thing I have noticed is that they never give a call sign. If you can ID these morons, please post the calls here so I'll know who needs watching.
Keith

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 07:36:33 AM »

I heard one shout a W0 callsign the other night just after our QSO, Keith.  The sig was so compressed I couldn't hardly understand a word he was saying, much less understand the rest of the call.  There's no way he was in zero land as he was at least 60 over 9.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA1GFZ

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 09:25:41 AM »

2 week Christmas vacation coming up. Might be time to bring the after burner back to life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015