The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:52:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 1855 times)
N9NEO

« on: November 23, 2005, 10:11:06 PM »

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

I ran across this post on the web today and I thought it would be a good thing to pass along to
others.  It is kinda random, but it made me think of how lucky I am to be here now with my family. 
I am gratefull for every second that I am here in the good old US of A.

******************************************************************************************
Take a few minutes before you start your thanksgiving dinner tomorrow to reflect on our lives as
we live them in the 21st century.  Our time here in the grand scale of infinite time is just a heartbeat,
but what we do here and now truely makes a difference.  Maybe a few carefully chosen words
tomorrow may inspire others who we spend thanksgiving with to reflect on their lives as well.  We
desperately need to understand our own good fortune.  Rather than count the things we do not
have we should smile on those that we do have.  These times are difficult, but they are our times
and we will survive them in spite of the harshness that surrounds us.

We need to be thankfull of what we have as we recognise the misfortune of others. We should take
the time and appreciate the sacrifices that others have made for our well being.   Our immediate
concerns of course are for those closest to us.  Our brothers, sisters, parents, and children.  We need
to be thoughtfull of others as well.  Those in the USA, and those not.  There are many here among us
on this planet who have lost so much this year.  Floods, fires, sunami, war, genocide, missing children,
sickness and the list goes on and on and on.  This has been an especially difficult year worldwide.  As a
nation we deeply grieve our losses to the confrontations in the middle east.  Mothers, fathers, sons,
daughters, friends, lovers, soldiers, humans, men and women lost.  Personel tradgedy is all around us as
well with the situation in New Orleans being just one example.   How will we all survive?  Help others to
cope with their difficulties and our own sorrows will be lessened.

Say a prayer for those no longer with us and keep your thoughts on those who have lost so much.  Be
thankfull for what you have and reach out  to others who are less fortunate.  If you have a chance to
comfort others then please do not squander your chance.  If you are able to give then please do so.  You
will find comfort in helping others.  We are a nation of givers and help is just one of the things we
Americans are so very good at.

As you pick up your knife and fork and begin to eat put these thoughts of difficulty behind you.  Enjoy
the time that you spend with your loved ones but keep the theme of the day close to your heart. 
Remember out heretige.  The  first settlers to this great country had little beyond nothing, but there was
no lack of thanks among them.  As the days wear on don't relagate thanksgiving to just another holiday
past, and another turkey next year.   Be thankfull every day that you are an American and reach out to those who need your help.

God Bless You

******************************************************************************************

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.
N9NEO

I'd rather be anatomically correct than politically correct!
W1UJR
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:50:25 PM »

Amen, excellent reflection!

Remember our troops, seperated from friends and family on this holiday, fighting to keep us free.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015