The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 meters this evening  (Read 5630 times)
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« on: November 18, 2005, 10:41:30 PM »

The band was in great shape early in the evening.

Here is a digital recording of Don K4KYV and Brent W1IA .

Receiver was a Watkins Johnson 8716, diode out into an M-Audio Digital inteface.
Antenna was the 75m phased array.

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

* k4kyv&w1ia.mp3 (595.99 KB - downloaded 222 times.)

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 08:58:23 AM »

Nice! No QRM.
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 09:09:15 AM »

Hi hi FB condx OM continued through at least 11:30PM, and medium power stations enjoyed a toss of 1000 miles or more.

Let the record show that Gary, yes, W2INR, was actually ON THE AIR with us last night from about 8:30 - 9:15 down around 3870Kc or so, and later I heard Don up frequency and a group of 5-land stations up higher still.

I had set the dials there in anticipation of catching some of the West Coast AM activity which takes place 0400 GMT on that frequency. Usually we can't hear them because of "other, incompatible modes and activity" in that same zone. Last night was a clear spot, and I had called a CQ.

We picked up Warren, W1GUD in Tampa Bay, Florida, expressing hi hi how are ya to those of us who remember him from when he was in the northeast. Running a 32V3 with 10+ signal, and switched for gins to a rice box of some kind that added some wattage and a few S-units.

Buddly also floated past, WD8BIL, and so did Bruce, W1UJR, who established contact with Warren all the way down the right side of the country from Maine to Florida, good stuff.  Both were running 32V3 at the time.

Rounding out the set was Tom KA1ZGC at Skowhegan Maine on the TimTron machine.  The band was odd, where Bruce and Tom could barely hear one another, none of us could really hear Carl, K1EYY who tried to join us, and Buddly could barely hear another Ohio station who had powered up their TS940 for some hi hi FB AM action.  Yet, within about 400 miles outward, stations were quite dominant.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 09:19:50 AM »

To take that further along a similar thread Paul, 160 was somewhat spread out too. Tom, WA3KLR said he heard AM QSO's going on at 1980 and 1985 while Joe,W3GMS, Paul, K2ORC, Conawingo Chuck, W3FJJ and myself camped out at 1892. Ken, K8TV and Co. were at 1885 then later, Joe, N3IBX, Bill, W3HWT, Tom, WA3KLR, Phil, K2PG. However methinks this was the calm before the storm. I don't think we will have those kind of conditions tonight.  Roll Eyes

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA3VJB
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:33 AM »

You're right about tonight, where we had the calm before the storm. I turned everything off when I went to bed last night. There's a radio competition of some kind this weekend which will pollute the entire area. I understand that this is the first year the contest must be entirely automated, with voice recognition software on receive, digital sound files on transmit, logging programs activated, and a wrap up Sunday where the humans come back and see how their equipment did.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 09:41:16 AM »

"none of us could really hear Carl, K1EYY who tried to join us"

Does anyone ever really hear Carl?
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 11:56:07 AM »

"....that's AAAAAWFUL"!!!
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 03:08:59 AM »

"none of us could really hear Carl, K1EYY who tried to join us"

Does anyone ever really hear Carl?

Yes I hear him FB in the afternoons. Heard him  Sat. but DAVE from VT was being a pest.

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 09:04:40 AM »

Yo Steve,
             I hear Carl FB, ususally in the late afternoon or early evening.
                                                                                                Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 09:09:42 AM »

You're right about tonight, where we had the calm before the storm. I turned everything off when I went to bed last night. There's a radio competition of some kind this weekend which will pollute the entire area. I understand that this is the first year the contest must be entirely automated, with voice recognition software on receive, digital sound files on transmit, logging programs activated, and a wrap up Sunday where the humans come back and see how their equipment did.

Paul - I went up to 75M after a nice evening on 160M, and it was nothing but trashy silly sidewash operators calling CQ corntest. They had their jollies at the expense of many good AM QSO's that could have been had on the band.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W2JBL

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 12:29:02 AM »

Joe- i heard you hi hi fb on 160 last night, but by the time i got up to the upstairs station where i could get on 160 with the FART-13 you was gone. i'll be on for the W2VJZ Thanksgiving Homecoming Jamboree starting Wedenday night, hope to catch you them.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 07:16:48 AM »

i'll be on for the W2VJZ Thanksgiving Homecoming Jamboree starting Wedenday night, hope to catch you them.

Chris,
       Sorry I missed you and will be looking forward to working you during the "W2VJZ Thanksgiving Homecoming Event" - a classic if there ever was one. No self respecting Amateur Radio Op would miss it - hi hi hi hi hi!!!!!!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015