The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appreciation  (Read 3751 times)
wb1aij
« on: November 04, 2005, 08:49:20 PM »

I wonder how many of us that use this site on a regular basis think to take the time to REALLY LOOK at the site. I just did that & I realize what a GREAT site this really is. Although I have realized it sub-conciously many times this is the first time I have really thought about it. My thanks to the people who put this valuable resource together and keep it going. I can't say enough how much I appreciate it. I check in almost every day and always find something interesting. With 900 members imagine all the brain power and ideas we all have at our fingertips.

Bob
WB1AIJ
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:02:14 AM »

Yep, agreed.

We sometimes need to remind ourselves of all the great information this site gives us.

I was talking wid a ham buddy in person yesterday who doesn't check in here. He didn't know about old buzzard George or Irb's strokes. Or anything about the great 833A driver the guys are designing up. Or about the Home Depot guy getting his ass stuck to the toilet seat.... Grin

But really, the guys who run this site never get tired of hearing appreciation for their efforts. My hat's off to the moderators, administrators and especially Gary, W2INR, who has put his heart and soul into this site. It's been a full time job for him for the last six months bringing it to the next level, as we see it now.

As participant/members, it's our job to generate interesting threads and contribute articles when we can.  One cannot survive without the other. Gary's thrill is seeing the site used to it's fullest.

Keep up the good work, everyone - let's continue to keep the site growing and running smoothly!

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 08:18:38 AM »

It's true. Gary's stewardship of this site has really made it outstanding.
There's a tendancy to sit back and enjoy it without stepping forward to take part.
One reason is a mistaken assumption all the "chores" are being handled, I mean, LOOK at all that's on here!
But please volunteer to either submit material or take custody of some little portion of the site that you feel you can improve upon and manage long term. That will free others up to expand the resources even further.

Message to Gary with your offers, please?

Thanks on behalf of the site.

w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 02:02:34 PM »

And might I add this is all 100% free of charge to the members with no ads, etc.  Hats off to Gary for his generosity in providing this fine site for us.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 08:32:11 AM »

Thanks everyone,

We appreciate your thoughts. I never imagined the site growing as it has and Ifeel privilaged to be part of it.

There are many people involved in the operation of this site. The Users, Moderators,and Admins and a few off site advisors.

We all contribute to a common goal - - the spreading of the word about AM and our hobby. That is what AMfone really is, a vehicle to promote our mode, and support those that use it.

AMfone does not belong to any one person. It belongs to the AM Community.
We are continually trying to improve the site and increase the amount of material on AMfone.

I would like to encourage everyone to take a little time and put something together and submit it. Everyone has something to offer.

Spread the word about the site. The more people  get involved the more we all fun & learn. It's good stuff Bob.

Thanks again for the thoughts

Gary - W2INR

Submit your photos and articles to webmaster@amfone.net

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 09:11:18 AM »

If I do not check it at least 2X prr day I feel out of the loop .
Thank you very much Gary for all the effort. Great site and a lot of fun to use.

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015