The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hammarlund SP-600 Questions  (Read 2526 times)
W3NP
Contributing

« on: October 24, 2005, 09:48:52 AM »

Does anyone know the type of temp comp caps - C79 and C80, that are used in the HFO? Are they N750's? The parts list doesn't say. They are a 5 pf unit and they are buried in the RF deck. I have already had the deck out twice trying to cure some freq instability (jumping) and I now know that one of them was responsible for some freq jumping - I subbed a generic 5 pf in and the jump is gone but the drift is unacceptable now. I only want to have to remove that deck ONE MORE time!!   Cry

Also - Is it normal for the carrier level meter to deflect downwards with modulation? Example: Tune in CHU and the level reads, say 60. Each time tone is transmitted the needle goes down with the tone. I inject a signal with my sig gen and the needle is steady and the dc voltage measured at the diode load is steady. I modulate the signal and the carrier level meter drops as does the dc level at the diode load - drops about 2 volts. So, the more heavily modualated a station is, the more the needle goes downward - not a big deal, but annoying. All of my other receivers either have meters that are steady with modulation or kick upward.

This is a JX17 model and I have NO experience with SP-600's.

Thanks for helping out - I know good info will be forth coming   Smiley

---Dave  W3NP
kc2ifr
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:02:04 AM »

Dont know about the caps Dave but the downward swing on the s meter is normal. I read somplace on the web why this happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015