The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:08:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 meter AM activity  (Read 3942 times)
Jim, W5JO

« on: October 19, 2005, 08:44:53 PM »

Over on QRZ a station in the Dominican Republic has started a discussion about putting a repeater on the air between 29.000 and 29.200.  I posted a reply and suggest anyone here who is a member of QRZ might want to do the same.

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=e2404d3ab327f1cea07e71b21943f8b6;act=ST;f=5;t=104320
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 05:48:03 AM »

Thanks Jim,
The feller has an attitude and I've posted a reply.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »

What really bothered me was the replies he received concerning the use of the segement.  It seemed as if a lot of people with no knowledge had a somewhat favorable opinion and almost encouraging him to use it.

Oh Well, I guess opinions are like noses or other body parts, everyone has one.

WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 10:20:14 AM »

Olilvier has some experience.

Turns out he has had a role in at least three 11meter FM repeaters, one of which he had to abandon because of heavy QRM.

Have you seen the tone he takes in some of his other contributions to QRZ.com ?
Quite patronizing.

I thought maybe it was because he is not a native-English speaker, but there's a pattern that transcends any losses in the translation.

I've updated my posting over there with some additional context on Olivier.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 11:02:38 AM »

I've updated my posting over there with some additional context on Olivier.

Holy cow Batman. Have you ever considered a career involving throwing people in front of speeding buses? Sheesh. We as AM users are again providing a public service by allowing this poor misguided person to interfere with our communications.
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 10:07:04 PM »

Or stuffing peoples heads in toilets?

Holy cow Batman. Have you ever considered a career involving throwing people in front of speeding buses?

VA3ES - Piss-Weak Ed
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 11:25:04 PM »

Olivier has some history. I used to know him, when we both lived in Montreal.  He was a free-bander before he got his ticket.   Playing around with 11M repeaters was popular in Montreal, in the early '90's, amongst the "CB elite".   After all, they didn't have access to 2M, so they had to copy our efforts, with whatever faciilities they had available.  Of course, those repeaters were useless when the band was open.  Those RPT's were always in the freeband, either below the regular CB band, or above it.

Yup, he still has his attitude, typical of some free-bander types. The laws don't apply to him, 'cuz he's so smart.  Putz. 

Remember Victor, VE2VMB?   Victor knows him well.   I'll  see Victor tomorrow, at the Montreal South Shore Hamfest.  I'll mention this to him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015