The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:17:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Breakfast Club  (Read 2958 times)
WA3VJB
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:11:34 PM »

With all the nice conditions reported here in the overnight hours, I want to announce the resumption of The Breakfast Club that gathers around 4AM eastern (0800 GMT) on 75M.

We were in there this morning with great signals, W4QCU at Oak Ridge, Tenn, and N8ULN in Ohio.
Expecting Miami tomorrow morning and a few others.

Look down low, 3850 or lower, or up 3885 or so.

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:54:06 PM »

It would take a real machochist to get up that early... Or are you more like me and just haven't gone to bed yet?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:48:11 PM »

I was listening on my bedside receiver.Good copy all around. Paul do you have a picture of your Elvis era mixer? Really nice audio!

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 07:51:23 AM »

Hi Ed,
Glad you were in there, at least in the listening mode.
We usually try to fire up by 4AM, eastern, and take it for an hour when I know Dave and myself both have to get going for an early arrival at work. The Texas stations usually take it from 4AM Central (5AM eastern) and run it through sunup, so there's still action.

I was delighted to hear Punta Gorda Robert WW9W/4 in there from Florida, as they get ready for a possible "Wilma" arrival, haven't they had enough?
And of course Dave, W4QCU is always strapping from Oak Ridge, but so was Jim N8ULN at Wooster, O. The Texas stations, Geoff W5OMR At San Antonio was pretty strong, but the other guy in Kilene was getting eaten up a little by static crashes from who-knows-where. Unusual, but the QRN was only S-6 or so, right about where he was at.

On the RCA Type-76, I haven't cleaned up the mess from getting it ready, so no new pictures.
When I first got it, I took some shots out in the driveway while I hosed it down from years of mung.
It looks considerably better than this now.

The reference I made to it being the same model as what Elvis crooned into at Sun Records, Memphis, came from some internet research I had done. Check this link.

http://www.scottymoore.net/studio_sun.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015