The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:23:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 75 Meter Band Plan  (Read 9745 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: October 15, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »

Anyne else see this little gem at Hosstraders last weekend?

* New Band Plan.jpg (75.22 KB, 640x480 - viewed 797 times.)

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
WA1HZK

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:37:47 AM »

I think that was set up in the men's room near the cattle barn.

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:58 AM »

"Men of 3936".... Grin

I was wondering...  That lettering job looks pretty good on the panel.

If someone were to do a panel lettering file on the computer under a standard Microsoft Word format, is there a type of transfer sheet that is available to run thru a common DeskJet type printer?

Or, is the process more complex with special software and expensive sheets???

Over the years, most of my panels are unlettered, and my memory is being pushed to the limit...

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W4LTM
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:52:36 AM »

"Men of 3936".... Grin

If someone were to do a panel lettering file on the computer under a standard Microsoft Word format, is there a type of transfer sheet that is available to run thru a common DeskJet type printer?

Over the years, most of my panels are unlettered, and my memory is being pushed to the limit...

T

The most I have seen are done with Word and AVERY labels.  They are available everywhere in either solid white or clear.  Simply cut to fit.

Matt
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 03:32:29 PM »

Interesting how the tuning knob is tuned to the A-Yem Splatter Zone. I take that as a reference to the AM window.  And the volume control is wide open.  Must be enjoying those melodious tones of AM and the interesting conversation.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:24:09 AM »

How about "The boys of 50.110" 

Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Men of 3936".... Grin

T

K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 11:40:31 AM »

Avery Labels and Word work FB OM for individual labels.
An alternate approach is to get a single piece of clear contact paper for inkjet printers and do the entire face as one label;  this way you can have the text, radials lines etc done as a single sheet.  This works well for small projects, but you'd not want to do it for the face of an entire radio of large size.

I'd use Microsoft PowerPoint if I was going to go this route.   I've found that Word's drawing abilities are inferior to those of PowerPoint.  YMMV.

Vely, bery interesting, Mark.  I like the idea.

I have a few new projects coming up that I plan to take my time and do right over the winter. A new PDM 4X1 rig and maybe a bunch of monoband linears so I don't have to row around to each band anymore... Grin

So, this clear contact paper... what is this, like a clear plasdick sheet with an adhesive back? Not sure if I've noticed it before on the store shelves for ink jet printers, but  never looked.. I imagine you could also do small areas of a large panel and stick it on after cutting it into pieces.

Does it have a piece of wax paper to protect the sticky back until use? And how well does the standard black ink jet ink stick to the plasdick?

Thanks, OM.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WB3JOK

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:09:25 PM »

Try Front Panel Express. They are quite reasonably priced, especially for small panels (they charge by the number of cuts). Their engraved panels with color infill look really nice. There is a free layout program that automatically prices the panel and can send the order directly to them.
-Charles
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 12:24:34 AM »

Interesting how the tuning knob is tuned to the A-Yem Splatter Zone. I take that as a reference to the AM window.  And the volume control is wide open.  Must be enjoying those melodious tones of AM and the interesting conversation.

Fact: Everybody who's anybody listens to 75 AM. I feel sorry for slopbuckets sometimes. Sometimes that is.
Rob K2CU
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 07:23:29 AM »

For anyone interested, there are many places that offer "inkjet decal sheets"  just do a google seach on same.

Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 12:31:40 PM »

Great tip Charles! thanks for the link. That blue engraved lettering on a black anodized panel looks way cool!

At one time I had given some thought to purchasing a used engraving machine to do my own panels at home. Might be able to use the small machines that are used to make badges if the engraving bits could handle aluminium.

Try Front Panel Express. They are quite reasonably priced, especially for small panels (they charge by the number of cuts). Their engraved panels with color infill look really nice. There is a free layout program that automatically prices the panel and can send the order directly to them.
-Charles

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015