The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:40:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe, N2YR  (Read 5202 times)
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« on: October 12, 2005, 07:57:01 AM »

As some of you know, Joe had hip replacement surgery on Tuesday.  It's been a rough year or two for him and the long awaited surgery will hopefully bring him some much needed relief. 

Last night, I spoke to Joe and Yvonne's son Matt who said the surgery went well and that Joe will be in the hospital until at least Friday. 

Under the heading of "when it rains it pours":  Joe's dad had a heart attack on Monday.  Fortunately he's expected to make a good recovery.

Joe is at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, NY.  The patient information number at the hospital is  607-798-5269.  Joe's home address is good on QRZ.com.

Additional: I just got off the phone with Joe.  They have him sitting in a chair and he was waiting to be taken to physical therapy.  He's in good spirits and asks that I send his regards to all here. 

Go Duke![/b]
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 10:47:58 AM »

I know a number of people with hip jobs and all worked out great.
Hope the best for Joe!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:20:29 PM »

Paul,
      I heard you mention something about it on 160M last night. Many thanks for letting us know and we all wish Joe the best of luck and Godspeed in getting back on teh air.

Best Regards,
                   Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 07:22:55 PM »

Paul,

If you talk to Joe, tell him Herb sends his best.  I'm sure he'll be just fine, but tell him no to avoid the PT.  It's a pain, but it works.  I know.

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 07:57:47 PM »

Good  to hear Paul

Joe has been working towards this op for some time.

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 07:15:53 AM »

Joe's the best... I wish him a speedy recovery.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Joe-N2YR
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 08:10:16 PM »

Thanks all! I wiil be on the air as soon as a proper operating chair can be located. The INR is correct. My rehab has a long, logical sequence of events. After this recovery it is the last but life long step. Physical maintenance of what I still have and what has been repaired. There are not to many second chances in life. I am extremely fortunate to have this one. Thanks again for all the good wishes .

P.S.
Dad got a clean bill of health and the damage was minimal
WA1GFZ

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 09:53:38 PM »

Hey Joe,
I would lay on the shack floor after my back operation to get on. The hardest part was not being stabbed by little hunks of component leads. Take it slow and steady. It took me 2 weeks for my first sneeze.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 09:45:32 AM »

Good for you, Joe, and good for Dad too.  It's great to hear good news about you both.  It will just keep getting better from here on in.

Herb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
W2JBL

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 12:34:07 AM »

Joe- glad to hear you and your dad are ok. looking forward to seeing you up at my camp again in the spring. maybe we can hit "the old barn" in Inlet some night, now that we can both walk again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015