The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:51:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HossTraders Reports Here  (Read 6370 times)
W1UJR
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:48:25 AM »

Ok, entertain and amaze your brother ham - thats me, who could not attend the fester.

Was it good?

What did I miss ? (truckloads of pre-way HROs still in the shipping crate)

How much standing water on the grounds?

Wayne Green or Baxter sightings?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »

Nice wx on Friday, but headed back to CT Friday night due to forecast. Good dinner (Oktoberfest) and beer at Martha’s Exchange brewpub in Nashua.

turnout was lower then usual I expect due to forecast and cost of gas.

Lots of Collins stuff. No HROs. Just that widow giving away all the homebrew stuff her husband made in the 20's...... Nothing you would have wanted Bruce. No takers so it went to the dump   

Pull yourself off the floor... I'm just kidding about the last part

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W1JS

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »

Friday was hot, no rain until evening, then it was only light.  Nice WX for hanging out and BS'ing.  Turnout was low, everyone must have watched the WX forecast.   Today, though, it raining like hell.  I did not go over today (15 minutes away).  Did not seem necessary to walk around in the rain in puddles with little to see and what there was to see is under blue tarps...  Looks like getting there early on Fridays may be the key.

73 de
W1JS
Jack
No. Weare NH
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 01:22:25 PM »

Hey Bruce -

Missed seeing you this time around. JS is right, Friday was the key to success. I decided after watching the wx forecasts all week to take the day off Friday instead of going over later in the afternoon. Damned glad I did, too! Wx was excellent, saw old friends, and got some good deals. I posted a 'fest report on a couple of the QTH lists, I'll foward it to you via email since this thread is already 3 days old.

There's always next May.... Grin

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 04:07:39 PM »

I found some good parts deals and a couple 1 GHz plug ins for my TEK 7904
scope. WX was perfect warm and no blazing sun. Started raining around 6:00.
Bought a cheap basket case Cubic SSB transceiver with clean guts. Might actually fix it. Saw a clean Valient and almost bought it for beach plcce but walked away and it was gone when I returned.
Good social event as usual.
Just hope the family doesn't think this has become a 1 day event.
First missed Saturday since about '84
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 06:39:58 PM »

Hi Bruce and all:

I really had a good time Friday. Did not attend Saturday.  Ragchewed with many people. I sold about $106.00 worth of junk and bought stuff. When I got home, I discovered that I spent $107.00!!

Good time!

Dan
W1DAN
N1ZZN
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:22:08 PM »

Good to see you there Dan.

I was there with Hosstraders Radio 103.1 WHTR on the air. I was able to keep the station on until about 5 AM on Saturday morning, when I woke up, and saw that water was starting to get on the transmitter. The tarps wern't doing the job. I'll need to plan better for rain next time.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 10:06:19 AM »

Saw a clean Valient and almost bought it for beach plcce but walked away and it was gone when I returned.

If that was the one over at the lower side of the race track but not by the rest rooms, it did go fast. The guy was just putting it on his table when I went by. He was asking $250 for it and it was clean, yet right around the corner by the rest rooms was another one, fairly scratched up looking. It was $350. When I walked back past maybe an hour or so later, the nicer one was gone and the price tag was removed from the $350 example. Wonder if he realized there was competition just around the corner?  Smiley

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »

Bruce, sorry you could'nt make it.  Was hoping to see you there so you could point out the point on the firewall on my 98 XC70 for sending mobile power leads through.  Install for now has the power leads running along the top of the left fender just under the hood, right past the HV igniton coil, dropping down in the fender cavity, and then crossing over into the passenger comartment down at the front corner of the drivers door weatherstrippng,  jumps right under the floor trim  at that pont.

Here's a picture of the XC under near /MM conditions Saturday morning at Hosstraders:

* Fall Hosstraders Volvo.jpg (114.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 448 times.)

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 02:13:45 PM »

Saw a clean Valient and almost bought it for beach plcce but walked away and it was gone when I returned.

Hey Frank,

Like my old grandma always said, "He who hesitates is lost."

Herb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

Hey Frank,

Herb

Also sprach alte Oma: "Too soon oldt, too late shmart." 

Go Duke![/b]
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 02:53:44 PM »

Hey Frank,

Herb

Also sprach alte Oma: "Too soon oldt, too late shmart." 

Jawohl, und alte Oma hat Rechts gehabt.

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015