The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:42:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whats a good price for ROHN25, HQ180, other gear!  (Read 4184 times)
wa1knx
Contributing

« on: September 22, 2005, 11:36:48 PM »

hi all,
    I'm trying to unload some stuff here in VT. Whats Rohn 25 going for? HQ180? HA14 & supply,
the heathkit mobile. old Philco stand up radio. I've got 100-130' of Rohn 25. I have no idea what
this stuff is going for now. I'll put my TL922A up on the auction block!

deano

am forever!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 07:52:42 AM »

all depends on condition and whether you're shipping it to ebay or trying to convince cheapass hams to buy it at a hamfest.

Reasonable starting hamfest price for a HQ-180 in nice shape is prob $250-275, be prepared to come down (you can always go down but you can't go up!)

HA-14 (is that the kilowatt compact?) probably in line with a SOB-200 or a little more since they're more rare and cuter - probably $400?

The philco console depends A LOT on what model it is and condition.  Could range in value from $5 to $5000.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »

Dean, where are you in VT? When we talked back in the 90s you were in Mass or NY/NJ or somewhere south I thought? I'm in Randolph, was in Williamstown back then.

I might be interested in some of the Rohn if no one wants the whole thing, although it's been a while since I bought any. It was about $25/section used then but that was in the 80s. It must be at least twice that now? I have 2 top sections, ended up trading the other 70+ feet for a 65' Aeromotor forest fire lookout tower.  Cheesy

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

In 1980 I paid $39.00/section for brand new 25G. The tapered base section made to take a base insulator cost me about $90 a section if I  recall correctly.

According to the INFLATION CALCULATOR, the regular section would cost $99 today.

Adjust the cost of used tower accordingly.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w8rca
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:21:18 PM »

I pretty much agree with the prices the guys have mentioned on the HQ-180 and the Amp as well. However used tower goes very cheap around here and you're on your own there. The Philco floor model will depend GREATLY on model and condition many floor models are very hard to get rid of for any kind of money, but the right model can go BIG.
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

digging this one up from the trenches, have some rohn25 for sale - one year later -
see for sale section. I havn't seen any changes in prices, have you?

am forever!
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »

You might consider taking the Rhon with you Dean.  You probably won't be able to replace it for the price you get.  This is all supposing you will be allowed to use it in AZ.  Tie it to a flat bed trailer and pull it along with anything else that will stand the WX.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015