The AM Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:43:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New toy in the tool box  (Read 12107 times)
KE1GF
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 02:32:54 PM »

Very cool indeed Bruce, I hate to think of the day when they won't even have to clock you with a radar gun or a laser rifle. Big brother will have his fingers into everything and you'll just get a ticket whenever your spedometer crosses over the speed limit. I've heard (I don't factually know) that the police are now hooking up some cars to their computer systems and using it as evidence to people that dispute speeding tickets.
n2bc
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »

Yeah, good info Bruce.    But, tomorrow is now.   

I saw a show on Discovery a while back, the focus was on GPS technology.  They did a piece on vehicle tracking.  One trucking company dynamically downloads engine computer settings based on where the truck is located and where it's headed.  They dynamically set performance parameters to achieve maximum efficiency and fuel savings. When the truck is headed into the Rockies they enable more horsepower, take it away when it gets back to the flatlands.
KE1GF
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »

Well I had some fun with the new gismo today. I hooked it up to the car and took her for a spin down the highway, it was neat cause I was watching the state of the fuel injection system in real time. This will come in real handy for tracking down that last few ignition noise problems that I have. I've already gotten the level down to about S5, but there's always room for improvement. It's kind of a futile task because as soon as I drive down a road with powerlines or I'm in heavy traffic I still pick up all the radiated garbage from the other trash generators. I'll have to load up the software that came with the computer and do more reading. When my sister comes over tomorrow to get her oil changed, I'll be doing some investigation into why her MIL came on a few weeks ago.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015