The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:47:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Political Posts on the QSO Section - Mea culpa  (Read 6557 times)
W1UJR
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:53:02 PM »

Ok, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa on what I am about to post.

I'm guilty, in fact one of the major violators, so I'll be the first one to post with the correction.

I noticed that the QSO section has been getting "sanitized" of political related posts by the moderators this evening.
To that I say, Thank You.

I have watched and all too often contributed, as the QSO section has slid into a political forum.
As such the QSO section, with its attendant political debates, has made AM Fone has become much less enjoyable for me, and I suspect for others.

As much I enjoy a good natured tease of my friends John and George, I hate to see it take away from anyone's enjoyment of the hobby or the AM Fone.
I'm also thinking that we may be giving the AM community a bit of a black eye to new and visiting members of the AM Forum.
It seems that people, myself included, tend to get more extreme in posting that in real life, and thats not a good thing.

So, I'd like to suggest we return to radio related topics here on QSO and keep the other stuff on the Inquirer section.

I'll guilty, I'm sorry, and promise to do better next time.
Lesson learned.

Thanks for the moderators forbearance, and good taste to start the cleansing.
And my apologies for having to clean up some of my own mess.

Radio is always so much more interesting than politics.

Do I hear a hearty "Amen"?
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:21:34 PM »

Amen, Bruce. I learned that you didn't talk A) politics; or B) religion on the radio because too many people have diverse opinions about both.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:09:40 AM »

You Should be ashamed. Trouble maker.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:03:40 AM »

All I can say to the moderators is a heart-felt THANK YOU. 

THere are a million other sites on the internet where political battles may be fought - including the INquirer which was set up in part just for that purpose.

OTOH there is only ONE AM Forum, and the political trolling and arugments were not beneficial to this board.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 08:33:09 AM »

Yes, thank you to the moderators. Lets talk AM radio on the AM forum  Smiley

All I can say to the moderators is a heart-felt THANK YOU. 

THere are a million other sites on the internet where political battles may be fought - including the INquirer which was set up in part just for that purpose.

OTOH there is only ONE AM Forum, and the political trolling and arugments were not beneficial to this board.

73 John
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 09:21:27 AM »

As another guilty party I also pushed the limits. I guess it is because I don't own a Ranger.
It will still cost you to cross my bridge though....or give the magic word.

The anti P.C.  gfz
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 12:41:35 PM »

MOSFET

....or give the magic word.
K2FW

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 03:21:16 PM »

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators as well!  I'm glad to see they took the initiative to eliminate the political posts, which really don't belong here.  They, along with other religion bashing posts accomplish nothing but creating hard feelings & dividedness among fellow Hams.  This is the exact opposite type of attitude we Hams need today. More then ever, Ham Radio needs solid a backing & people interested in propelling the hobby forward, not tearing us apart!  Let's keep the AM forum about what brought us all together in the first place; the lure, love & technology of radio.  Leave the rest of it for the AM Inquirer, where this type of discussion really belongs!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 03:56:43 PM »

YOU MAY PASS
wa2zdy
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 05:18:34 PM »

Magic word:  "cold" as in 807.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 07:45:05 PM »

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators as well!  I'm glad to see they took the initiative to eliminate the political posts, which really don't belong here. 

I doubt that a single person's political view or belief was ever in any way changed by messages posted on this board.

You would gain a wider audience by conducting your political debate via 75m. AM.  Just keep it civil, to avoid giving the AM community a black eye..

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 10:26:34 PM »

It is appropriate to keep the political posts on The Am Inquirer, probably exclusively in the Politics and Religion forum.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 10:29:03 PM »

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators as well! I'm glad to see they took the initiative to eliminate the political posts, which really don't belong here.

I doubt that a single person's political view or belief was ever in any way changed by messages posted on this board.

You would gain a wider audience by conducting your political debate via 75m. AM. Just keep it civil, to avoid giving the AM community a black eye..

How about on 3950, Don?
;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015