The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:36:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction $100/barrel  (Read 2426 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: September 04, 2005, 08:10:17 AM »

Local newspaper says economists and market watchers are predicting $100/barrel of crude.

http://www.theday.com/eng/web/news/re.aspx?re=88D2C80A-D95D-4F0D-823D-1BDB73AE2046

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 11:39:49 AM »

Local newspaper says economists and market watchers are predicting $100/barrel of crude.

http://www.theday.com/eng/web/news/re.aspx?re=88D2C80A-D95D-4F0D-823D-1BDB73AE2046

Interesting that the media is now getting into the act of hyping forecashing oil.

USUALLY... USUALLY...  when the media makes a commodity the cover story and predicts prices to double from there, etc... AND, a price surge has just taken place out of the ordinary...  AND, the market is stunned with blood on the streets from losses by the short sellers... AND, there is a day where the price surges up and then sells off sharply - this is at or near the TOP. [I'm talking unleaded gasoline of the futures market, tho the other oils generally trend together when things settle down]

All of the above things have taken place at this time. Normally, like now, it will feel foolish to sell this top and most everyone will predict higher prices cuz "this time is different", and list all kinds of reasons why. But a contrarian trader would at this point say, "enuff is enuff", at least at this point in time and sell short for a decline.

This is not a forecash from me, just a list of evidence from a student of the marketplace.  We'll have to see what happens, but I see perhaps more attempts at this top, but lower prices after that and this MAJOR price high will stand for a LONG time as a history high mark.  [a new disaster would change my scenario in a heatbeat - the market is the greatest humbler of all]

Want to watch prices during market trading hours? Here's 15 minute delayed quotes of the major commodities on the futures market - free. Look down the list for Crude, heating oil, unleaded gas.

http://www.mrci.com/qpday.asp

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 12:53:52 PM »

That's the way I figure too Tom. With the inability to refine or restricted availability of refined petro will put a surplus of crude on the market. I'm hoping that this will stabilize thing and put prices back into perspective. Of course, I not awfully strong on my stock market predictions. Your milage may vary.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015