The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hollow State Newsletter now online!  (Read 6646 times)
Les Locklear

« on: August 24, 2005, 08:34:50 AM »

Look here:   http://www.hollowstatenews.com/

Les Locklear
Gulfport, Ms.
K2FW

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »

Very nice job Les.  I'll be checking back often & have bookmarked this site.  Tks so much for your fine effort!!!!  Appreciate it!
Les Locklear

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:55:30 AM »

Very nice job Les.  I'll be checking back often & have bookmarked this site.  Tks so much for your fine effort!!!!  Appreciate it!

I can't take the credit for it. The person responsible is Barry Hauser who is the editor for HSN.

I have been a frequent contributor and it is good to see a resource such as this available once again.

Les Locklear
Gulfport, Ms.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:57:51 AM »

Les - Many thanks for sharing this with us. I checked the site out and it looks most interesting.

I hope all is well with you and best regards.
                                                           Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:16:08 PM »

Interesting tidbit.  I recall participating in this debate on this site some time ago.  Glad this source of information is online.

BRISTOL OR BRISTO? MYSTERY SOLVED – Geoff Fors HSN readers have wondered in past
issues why military manuals refer to the splined wrenches used in the R-390 series and most other military
gear as “Bristo” wrenches while other references call them “Bristol”. I did too, and finally found the
answer in the original manufacturer’s 1944 advertising. The design, intended to eliminate stripping
common with conventional ‘allen’ hex-key socket screws, was created by the Bristol Company, Mill
Supply Division, of Waterbury, Connecticut. Bristol called its unique product a “Bristo” multiple spline socket set screw, dropping the “L” off the end of the company name. So those military manuals aren’t really misprints after all; “Bristo” screws were made by Bristol, and either term is technically correct.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
YAY-LOW
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »

I own a small standard gauge locomotive built by General Electric which was used to shuffle cars around an industrial plant. The Renewal Parts Catalog for this engine  lists

Tools:
Offset Bristo Wrench for 5/16" Cap Screws
    "      "           "      "   #10    "       "

The associated fasteners were used to secure the contacts to the power contactors. Since I could not find the proper wrenches, I managed to remove the Bristo fastners with Allen wrenches and replaced them with Allen fasteners.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015