The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:49:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Party Colleges - 2005  (Read 8507 times)
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« on: August 23, 2005, 07:52:27 PM »

Hot off the press - The Princeton Review rates best party colleges:

1 University of Wisconsin-Madison   
2 Ohio University-Athens   
3 Lehigh University   
4 University of California-Santa Barbara   
5 SUNY at Albany   
6 Indiana University - Bloomington   
7 University of Mississippi   
8 University of Iowa   
9 University of Massachusetts-Amherst   
10 Loyola University New Orleans   

I posted this last year.  I think SUNY Albany was #1 then.

Penn State University Park is 13.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »

Hummmmm! Wonder what happened to Bob Jones University this year?
N9NEO

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 10:37:18 PM »

Thanks Tom,

Some very good schools to consider.

Yes, the University of Wisconsin at Madison is one of the best party schools in the world.  This has been a fact for many many years.  It's always been on top or near the top of any party school polls I've seen. They also have some of the brightest students and without a doubt as nice a collection of women as can be found anywhere.    All things considered - one of the best schools in the world. 

There are those who will argue these points, but what do they know??? They have no idea as they of course have attended inferior schools.   The University of Wisconsin did suffer a long history without ever gleening a Rose Bowl victory, but I fixed that before I graduated in 1995.  I've begun taking some masters level courses at UW and expect they will win another Rose bowl in short order.  Seems that I have a habit of bringing incredible luck to whatever sports team I happen to be cheering for.  I've recently been cheering for the Pats and the Red Sox.  How am I doin so far?

So there ya go.  If you're looking for a good education, perhaps a pretty wife, or just a place to hang your Bong then give the UW some considersation.  Just be warned that many lesser men have partied themselves right out Grin

Bob
N9NEO

I'd rather be anatomically correct than politically correct!
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:40:57 AM »

Remember Parsons College?  Parsons was a private institution of higher learning in Iowa for wealthy party dudes who cared less about G.P.A. than about k-e-g and THC.  That school was a headliner on the list of top party schools for several years and little wonder.  All that money and all that youthful energy with nothing to do in the wilds of Iowa.  Woo hoo! 

One day, Parsons folded and the campus was sold to the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and his TM followers and it's now Maharishi U or something like that.  I don't think they do much partying there unless you count going into a trance and trying to get levitated as partying.   

Come to think of it, that does sound a bit like my college days.  Pahty on.

Go Duke![/b]
KE1GF
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 03:49:16 PM »

Yeah, U-Mass Amherst broke the Guiness Book of World Records at one point in time for the largest amount of beer (sold, accumulated over time; somebody help me with this one??) per capita?

I remember going there for a visit back when I was completing my transfer requirements at Mass-Bay Community with a full academic scholarship out of high-school. I would of transfered with all of my credits and 1/3 off of the tuition because I had a 3.9 GPA, and a member of Phi-Theta-Kappa national honor society.

I could see the mushroom cloud of second hand dope smoke and my vision went a blur from the techno thumping out of the Mega Watt driven 1000 1/4 ohm parallel 15 inch subs in the two tower dorms, from the Mass-Pike. Thank god I went nuts and transferred to WPI, I think my contact high from the tar accumulated on the campus had something to do with it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's a real fun place to go for a weekend. Although you might come home with more than you expected. Things arn't like they used to be.

TeeHee,
-Bill 'GF
N9NEO

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 04:45:41 PM »

Hey Bill

Yep, Amherst ranks right there.  Robin, my second, won't be going back in September.  Seems she partied herself right out  Angry

Study often, study hard!

Bob

I'd rather be anatomically correct than politically correct!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 05:37:37 PM »

That sorta describes my college apartment..
Furniture made from old cable spools and Goodwill Industires stuff that cost $0 and a $5,000 stereo system.
PhaseLinear 750 amp and a quad of Bose 901s. (which they still make!).

John Holotko

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 07:26:50 PM »

Face it. What is the purpose of going to college ?? Did I hear somebody say to "learn something". BUZZZZZ !!! Sorry, you loose. Learning ?? we'll leave the learning to those Europeans with no sense of humor. Face it, there is ONE and ONLY ONE reason a good red blooded American goes to college. P A R T Y !!!

That';s right, you go to school to PARTY PARTY PARTY. I made the dumb mistake of actually cracking open a book and studying when i went to college. If I had my life to live over agtain I would never make that mistake again. My college life would be a seeminly  endless array of day after day of Partying, booze, broads, keg parties, more booze more broada  and booze and broada and broads and boozer booze booze. and broads.  Weekends would be booze cruise after  booze cruise followed by a spring break of booze broads and partying to come back to school for more booze broads keg parties and non stop partying. The name of the game is PARTY.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Gary - WA4IAM
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 10:04:50 PM »

Gentlemen, gentlemen, in the 1970's the school ranked more often at the top of Playboy's top ten party schools was my alma mater East Carolina University (attended 1976-80). I believe it may have been the Playboy listing in 1978 or 1979 that initially startled us at the school after being ranked #1 so often. That year Dartmouth I believe was listed as #1, but beside their name was an asterisk, and at the bottom of the list it said "East Carolina University is no longer listed because it is now considered a professional party school". A rather dubious distinction, but I believe the only time such a qualifier was ever used in their listings. Amazing how we had that distinction and yet managed to turn out quite a lot of top flight graduates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015