The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:36:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New W3NP Weather Station  (Read 4287 times)
W3NP
Contributing

« on: August 21, 2005, 04:37:17 PM »

Up to date WX conditions at W3NP.....updated every 15 minutes. It went on line August 05, so monthly & yearly stats are from that date. Note how DRY it is here - all of the rain skips over us because of the mountains I guess. I watched last evening as a line of storms moved toward us from the NW and dissapated just to the west of us and yielding all of .02 inches of rain here. I did see some awesome cloud to cloud lighting off in the distant west.

The station is a Davis Vantage Pro II

http://webpages.atlanticbb.net/~w3np/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

---Dave  W3NP
W1IA

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:06:24 PM »

nice site!!

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 08:45:16 PM »

HI Dave. I like the WX display. I know that Davis is promoting the Vantage Pro II. I have the original Vantage Pro. I received an email from them stating that they were no longer supporting the Vantage Pro and the II components are not compatible. So, I'm wondering how you like the II version? What did it run you for the software and the computer interface? I wish I could have talked to you before hand. There is public domain software out there that will interface with the Pro II and I know for a fact that Davis is very greedy when it comes to pricing their accessories.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Steve W8TOW

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 09:01:11 AM »

One of my jobs is to maintain about 50 wx stations around Michigan.
Here is the site where all data is posted...All of the gear is Campbel Scientific,
rugged, just not too modern....but works 99% of the time  which keeps
me happy!
http://www.agweather.geo.msu.edu/mawn/

Always buiilding & fixing stuff. Current station is a "Old Buzzard" KW, running a pair of Taylor T-200's modulated by Taylor 203Z's; Johnson 500 / SX-101A; Globe King 400B / BC-1004; and Finally, BC-610 with SX28  CU 160m morn & 75m wkends.
73  W8TOW
W3NP
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 10:26:17 AM »

HI Dave. I like the WX display. I know that Davis is promoting the Vantage Pro II. I have the original Vantage Pro. I received an email from them stating that they were no longer supporting the Vantage Pro and the II components are not compatible. So, I'm wondering how you like the II version? What did it run you for the software and the computer interface? I wish I could have talked to you before hand. There is public domain software out there that will interface with the Pro II and I know for a fact that Davis is very greedy when it comes to pricing their accessories.

Hi Mike....I was not familiar with the earlier version but I really like this one. I was aware of the other software options but unless you buy the data logger from Davis, you have no way to interface with the console, so as one reviewer said "you buy the logger for $144 and get their software for free" I may try some other software later on now that I can interface with the unit. The logger is more than an interface in that it stores data if it is not connected to a PC and then downloads it when connected. And you are right...Davis is VERY PROUD of the accessories - way overpriced. I did get a very good deal on the station itself.

---Dave  W3NP
kc2ifr
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »

Brent......
Is that a TOOB I see for your avatar?HuhHuh?
Either your loosing it or youve come to your senses..... Shocked
W1IA

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 04:07:37 PM »

Brent......
Is that a TOOB I see for your avatar?HuhHuh?
Either your loosing it or youve come to your senses..... Shocked

I don't descriminate Bill....I like country & western! Grin

B

Run What Ya Brung!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015