The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AWA Meet - Next Week - Anyone Else Going?  (Read 2971 times)
W1UJR
« on: August 20, 2005, 08:47:38 AM »

Hello all,

NE1S and I will be heading out to the Antique Wireless Association meet in Rochester next week.
The conference runs August 23-27.

Wondering if any other fellow miscreants out there may also be attending?
We could meet up for a cold 807 or just a rag chew at the event.

For more info, http://www.antiquewireless.org/otb/2005agenda.htm

See you there!

Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 09:24:02 AM »

Bruce and Larry,

I will not be attending unfortunately, but my 1935 Western Electric mobile police receiver will be on display in the equipment area.  (See photo below.) Floyd Jury W3OLV has the receiver now and will set it up for me. 

Look also for Floyd's large and very intersting display on his homebrew VHF, moonbounce and microwave station equipment of past.

Enjoy the conference.

* WE18B_RX.jpg (105.1 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 417 times.)

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 10:09:21 PM »

Bruce and Larry,

I will not be attending unfortunately, but my 1935 Western Electric mobile police receiver will be on display in the equipment area.  (See photo below.) Floyd Jury W3OLV has the receiver now and will set it up for me. 

Look also for Floyd's large and very intersting display on his homebrew VHF, moonbounce and microwave station equipment of past.

Enjoy the conference.

Tom - Your 1935 WE Po-Leece rx is very very kewl!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 09:00:40 AM »

HI Joe,

This 7 tube mobile receiver was manufactured in 1935.  It is a 30 MHz. single-conversion AM receiver powered by a remote power supply.  The local oscillator has a course and fine tuning adjustment.  The intermediate frequency is 3815 kHz.  The i.f. bandwidth is 50 kHz.!  This no doubt is to compensate for receiver drift and transmitter offset.

The design would have been one of the first mobile police receivers to operate outside of the original 1700 kHz. band.  This unit served with the Cheltenham Township Police Department, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.  Cheltenham adjoins the northern border of Philadelphia.

I acquired this unit in 1966 for my first big receiver project. As a young teenager at the time, I converted the set to octal tubes.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015