The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:56:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baxter page  (Read 10310 times)
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« on: August 16, 2005, 11:27:09 PM »

Well organized and seems to be updated frequently.

http://host.picturewizard.com/2005-7/357648/

Sam  /  KS2AM

lifeisjustagameyouflyapaperplanethereisnoend

--- Post No Bills ---
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:48:11 AM »

Sam  /  KS2AM

Shot down in flames.  Grin Grin Grin
W1UJR
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:53:50 AM »

Outstanding, very well done.
The author of that site is to be commended for his efforts to bring the truth to light.

Unfortunately, I can easily see this ending up as a Waco type of incident.
It’s sad to see how mental illness and hatred can destroy one's life.

W1GFH
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:44:41 AM »

If this is true (and I only have the word of the web page author to go on) then it is very sad. 

This guy Baxter didn't start out as an angry, "me-against-the-world" nutcase, did he?  As I recall, his bulletin service began as an ordinary, low-key affair, and ruffled no one's feathers.   Wonder what pushed him over the edge?

Of course, anyone, even if they are in the wrong, becomes more entrenched and more resolved when they are attacked.  And then it becomes a Holy War.

Dr. Joe, amateur psychologist
(On The West Coast Enjoying A Baxter-Free 75 meters)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »

lack of nookie backed up sperm that ate his brain
WV Hoopie
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 12:17:38 PM »

The website is interesting.......... something to watch and I hope the information is factual and unbiased.

This is a sad event in the journals of Amateur Radio. I for one hope it does not end in a Waco style event. Everyone connected or involved would of been better off if it had been, "nipped in the bud".

Gotta wonder why not.........? Huh

Hoopie,
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:21:29 PM »

Very well done!

He is so screwed!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sam  /  KS2AM

Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:26:54 PM »

I don't agree Hoopie.... I think what is about to happen will be a happy event in the journals of amateur radio... to be rid of this big wart on the face of ham radio is a good thing.

his problems are self inflected.

The website is interesting.......... something to watch and I hope the information is factual and unbiased.

This is a sad event in the journals of Amateur Radio. I for one hope it does not end in a Waco style event. Everyone connected or involved would of been better off if it had been, "nipped in the bud".

Hoopie,
Joe Long
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »

This is a much better pic of Baxter.   JOE

* GLEN.jpg (121.7 KB, 640x480 - viewed 634 times.)
KA1ZGC
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 03:14:15 PM »

Angry

Can we stop it with the Waco comparisons, please? I'll gladly introduce you to an actual Waco survivor if you need help understanding the difference between Glenn Baxter getting his just deserts; and a group of (mostly innocent) men, women, and children being slaughtered as a result of policy decisions made by an inept, trigger-happy Attorney General and her inept boss' failure to stop or discipline her.

Don't insult the real victims of Waco by lumping them in with Glenn Baxter.

--Thom
Kilimunjaro Africa One Zulu Goat Cheese
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 03:59:33 PM »

Who really knows K1MAN? I don't. I've heard him on the air and listened to his "activities"  occasionally but that's all I know of him. Is he odd? Yes, possibly but I don't know him to say for sure. But what I do know is if a person has a mental problem and if they're not (most likely) aware of that problem then that person needs help and needs help getting the help. They should not be lampooned or lambasted because of it. I'm no expert in human psychology but maybe that's the situation here. That's what bothers me and I think is sad. A fellow amateur and human being going down in flames. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 05:29:12 PM »

The author of that site is to be commended for his efforts to bring the truth to light.

Maybe it's not as complex as that Bruce. Maybe he's just an asshole.  Grin
WV Hoopie
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 06:15:32 PM »

I don't agree Hoopie.... I think what is about to happen will be a happy event in the journals of amateur radio... to be rid of this big wart on the face of ham radio is a good thing.

his problems are self inflected.

Hoopie,

Then, you would rather see Baxter go down shooting? Or the entire Amateur community put in the same classification as Baxter?  Undecided
Fred k2dx

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 10:45:25 PM »

Maybe it's not as complex as that Bruce. Maybe he's just an asshole.  Grin

George, this is one of those rare occasions that we are in COMPLETE agreement!
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 04:50:07 AM »

I don't touch on this thread much, I don't like the goings on, I met Glenny some years back and I think i ran into him at dayton a time or two ..No Big Deal.. He's just another Attitude amoungst the many with a Ticket...

I have met. monitored, and worked worse, and each situation requires it's own answer.

Define Billetin Service,  monitor the operations, and make up your own mind, but in the mean time, after how may years of this that the powers that be have fallen short on this subject, when all that was, is required, was a move.......if it's a bulletin service the it should have been treated and placed in an area availible to main stream but not to interfear with mainstream...put it on a HF WARC band and that's that.

All these years and all this Greif, Unbelievable....

Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 12:55:35 PM »

I was talking about getting him off the air..... Where are you guys getting this shooting / Waco stuff from?

Did Glen tell you that's what he intends to do? or is this just over active imaginations  Huh

The guy has proven over and over again he doesn't deserve to hold an amateur license. Lets stop with the coddling. Do you think that information is made up? do you think those recordings are phony? we should defend this guy because he may go postal and give the ham community a bad name? Oh boo hoo boo hoo poor poor Glen!!!

Then, you would rather see Baxter go down shooting? Or the entire Amateur community put in the same classification as Baxter?  Undecided
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 02:35:56 PM »

I have a better idea..... why don't you ask Chuck K1KW what he thinks?  Sad
KC4ALF

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 06:45:28 PM »

I think a much better parallel would be the Steve Anderson case from a few years back.
This ultimatly ended in a shootout and flight befor eventual capture and conviction.
I actually listened to some of his "Broadcasts" at the time, and unbalanced wou'ld be a charitable moniker.
Threatening the FCC, Hollingsworth and the U.S Marshalls wasn't a particularly bright move on his part either.
Ed - N3LHB
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 08:05:16 PM »

Listening around the bands since I've been a ham leads me to believe this guy is a definite butthead. I have heard him record and playback on his "show" hams that called in to complain of him interfering with them, or hams just having a different opinion than him. I have witnessed his interference to others, and have experienced his interference personnally.

His actions for at least the last 10 years warranted legal action from the FCC, I am just really surprised they waited for his license renewal before taking positive action. I certainly won't be sad or disturbed by his future absence from the airwaves. And I certainly don't liken this event to anything other than some wacko repeatedly breaking the law, after being told to stop time after time.

And I hope I never hear Irb say "God Bless Glen" again.... Smiley

Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 05:56:43 AM »

Good Day Everyone,

All of this by Example, is what happens when an issue for some unknown reason has been avoided. The Rules that we Abide by were put there for just such an Annoyance.

To this Day I'll never understand "Why", as well there are other issues on the bands that are in need of handling this is not the only problem all unto itself.

Time and Time again all i've heard or read is the undermanning lack of Funds answer. Fine, we have a Five day work week sometimes six for some of us, and all that is required is after careful observation and critiera gathered, a case issue number be applied and each day each case is handled, a simple matter of doing ones Job.

I'm Sorry I'm like this because this is how i do my daily work, step by step till it's finished. And if this idea of we're uninterested in infighting Push me shove you Fine let us handle it, another simple matter of putting a Body of carefully selected men or women together to carefully handle the needs of the many.

I didn't design the Beaurocracy, i'm stuck like everyone else dealing with it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015