The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thomas Point Lighthouse  (Read 2709 times)
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« on: August 08, 2005, 09:30:50 AM »

We filled several pages of logsheets for 75, 40 and 20 meters.  All kinds of interessing stuff.  Thanks to all who checked in and yacked with us.   We weathered a couple of storms. 

Top photo is a pic from the top of the 'house' (where the beacon is) showing a bit of the antenna and feedline.  Second photo is the APEman and the ceremonial can 'o spam. 

Go Duke![/b]
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 09:45:28 AM »

Hi Paul

I hope you guys had fun. I will always remember my adventures out on the lighthouse. It was a great time.

I got the call you were on about 7:30 am on Saturday but I coud not hear you guys. I guess many closer in were hearing you.

How about a little story for the front page and if you are game I wil put a category in the Image gallery for the lighthouse and you could put some shots in there.

What say

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNØ54
W1UJR
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:10:03 AM »

Hey that’s wonderful you guys got Thomas Point back on the air!
When I was but a young JN my family owned a cottage near Annapolis and we used to ride out in my uncle's boat to Thomas Point, recall it was a great fishing location.

Anyway, some years back I recall Paul VJB and Co. had set up a Special Event station there.
I worked them on late night right after I moved to Maine, it was quite a thrill.

Had I paid attention and read about your expedition, I would have been delighted to work you gentlemen on AM. Your  photo of the sailboat on a beam reach is priceless, makes me wish I spent the weekend on the water rather than picking up a transmitter in MA.

I agree with Gary, a nice photo spread, bet it was beautiful and article is in order.
Heck, you could probably make QST with little problem.

Any photos or stories of the boat anchors that were lugged up there?

Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »

Hi Paul

I hope you guys had fun. I will always remember my adventures out on the lighthouse. It was a great time.

I got the call you were on about 7:30 am on Saturday but I coud not hear you guys. I guess many closer in were hearing you.

How about a little story for the front page and if you are game I wil put a category in the Image gallery for the lighthouse and you could put some shots in there.

What say

G

Hey G,
I'll get some text together over the next couple of days and send it along to you with some photos and you can choose what you want to use.  Got home about 11:30 last night and was feeling pretty wrung out.   Right now I'm doing wash -- lots of funk in the laundry bag, if you know what I mean.   

I could see why you guys had so much fun down there at the lighthouse in 2001.  The place has an amazing vibe to it.    APEman's antenna and his strapping tuner did an excellent job for the station.   As his reward, a mermaid came alongside the lighthouse and displayed her twin beacons just for him.   

Go Duke![/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015