The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George, Calling George, Come in George :-)  (Read 5759 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: July 25, 2005, 07:40:52 PM »

Had a problem with the bike this weekend, Time for a trade-in, the ole woman is considering it, I'm thinking Springer Softail or Fatboy this time...

your opinion would be much obliged... Cheesy

The Dyna's Look nice too. decisions decisions...
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 05:12:46 AM »

Quote from: Jack-KA3ZLR-
Had a problem with the bike this weekend, Time for a trade-in, the ole woman is considering it, I'm thinking Springer Softail or Fatboy this time...

your opinion would be much obliged... Cheesy

The Dyna's Look nice too. decisions decisions...

If you are not going with a custom Jack, I always liked the look of the Fat Boy. Let me know what you decide. Good luck.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 05:36:23 AM »

Morning George,

Man it's cool this morning, Comfy, anyways, went to get the bike inspected on the back rim 4 spokes have the chrome  bubbling up around the base damn harley chrome, on the front same same about 3, so me and the mech chipped off the chrome around one ..and Low and behold the spoke is pulling through...Shit. he won't inspect it... he put it this way your rims are rusting through on the inside, this what i get for riding in the rain...Steel rims...right. So i get a price for new rims yesterday i figured well if i'm getting new rims shit get new tires to right, once off once on..logical... well i looked at that price, and looked at the age of the bike..96.. I called Harley Finance man i'm good for 10 years..FB Pick what you want...talk to the old woman I'm due for a new vehicle anyways, new truck is out of the Budget... it's always something George. I'm going over Saturday Looking...
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 05:44:35 AM »

Morning George,

Man it's cool this morning, Comfy, anyways, went to get the bike inspected on the back rim 4 spokes have the chrome  bubbling up around the base damn harley chrome, on the front same same about 3, so me and the mech chipped off the chrome around one ..and Low and behold the spoke is pulling through...Shit. he won't inspect it... he put it this way your rims are rusting through on the inside, this what i get for riding in the rain...Steel rims...right. So i get a price for new rims yesterday i figured well if i'm getting new rims shit get new tires to right, once off once on..logical... well i looked at that price, and looked at the age of the bike..96.. I called Harley Finance man i'm good for 10 years..FB Pick what you want...talk to the old woman I'm due for a new vehicle anyways, new truck is out of the Budget... it's always something George. I'm going over Saturday Looking...

Cool? Boy are you lucky. It's 5:30 AM and already 80 Degrees here. Humdittty about 500 %  WX says 97 today. I'm gonna friggin melt.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 06:43:41 AM »

Cheesy Well hang in there OM,  Cheesy we had a storm go through last evening and Aaaah, cooled it down..but today 94 on the hit parade... It's Summer time...
Ian VK3KRI
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 07:59:27 AM »

Morning George,
.. he put it this way your rims are rusting through on the inside, this what i get for riding in the rain

Doesn't that void the warranty?
John Holotko

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 10:46:53 AM »

Morning George,

Man it's cool this morning,

Cool this morning ?? Well maybe if you live in Barrow Alaska. !! I sure wish it was cool here this morning. 85+ degrees at 10:00am it's gonna be a cooker-roaster.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 05:02:15 PM »

Quote from: Ian VK3KRI
Morning George,
.. he put it this way your rims are rusting through on the inside, this what i get for riding in the rain

Doesn't that void the warranty?

If the tires are holding air, how could water possibly get on the inside? That's a new one on me.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 05:40:44 PM »

Quote from: John Holotko
Morning George,

Man it's cool this morning,

Cool this morning ?? Well maybe if you live in Barrow Alaska. !! I sure wish it was cool here this morning. 85+ degrees at 10:00am it's gonna be a cooker-roaster.

It's always hotter for you city folk.  Cheesy
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 05:42:33 PM »

Cheesy Well hang in there OM,  Cheesy we had a storm go through last evening and Aaaah, cooled it down..but today 94 on the hit parade... It's Summer time...

In 6 months I'll be whining like a baby about how cold it is.
John Holotko

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:33:03 PM »

Quote from: GEORGE/W2AMR

In 6 months I'll be whining like a baby about how cold it is.

Well, given a choice I'll take the cold over the extreme heat and humidity. I don;t mind head and summer but like 80-82 degrees and breezy. But I'll take the cold over this jungle weather of 95+ and high humidity

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015