The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, where and when already?  (Read 3198 times)
W6FO
« on: July 20, 2005, 08:45:15 PM »

New 125' doublet has been up for 3 weeks now and I hear a ton of LSB phone and CW on 80M and 160M, local and West Coast and everywhere in between, but I rarely hear any of you AMers.  I can't transmit yet but I'd sure like to listen.  I have been monitoring the freqs listed on amwindow but I must not be listening at the right times.

Where and when do I have to listen to you guys?

Anyone going to be on the air this evening on AM?  

- JT
John Holotko

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 01:44:12 AM »

Quote from: W6FO
New 125' doublet has been up for 3 weeks now and I hear a ton of LSB phone and CW on 80M and 160M, local and West Coast and everywhere in between, but I rarely hear any of you AMers.  I can't transmit yet but I'd sure like to listen.  I have been monitoring the freqs listed on amwindow but I must not be listening at the right times.

Where and when do I have to listen to you guys?

Anyone going to be on the air this evening on AM?  

- JT

Here in the east coast I can usually hear AM activity almost any time of the day, evening and all through the night.  At this time of the year the static crashed make it a bit of a pain but usually I  can find at least a few of the large contingency of New England AM'ers and those throughout New York, NJ, PA, VA, OH, etc... Dunno how activity is this time of the year on the West coast. maybe a few of the west coast am'ers can chime in on this one and lend some info...

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 06:45:07 AM »

There's not as much activity on 75 during the summer due to the high noise level.  When things quiet down a bit you can count on hearing up to a dozen AM QSOs in progress.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W6FO
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »

Quote from: John Holotko
maybe a few of the west coast am'ers can chime in on this one and lend some info...

Don't let my 6-land call fool you, I'm a 4-lander now.  I'm in a burb NW of Atlanta.

- JT
W2JBL

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 08:51:26 PM »

the sidebanders in georgia, alabama, west virginia etc. all swear they can't hear us at all when they open up right on top of us on 3875 and 3878, but they sure whine and cry about the interference from "them dang am'ers". tune in after sundown on any given night (wekends bring out more of us)and you should hear plenty of AM even in the summertime. try 3880, 3885, and 3890. we are on there in force year round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015