The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble with the arrl.net domain.  (Read 3079 times)
w1guh
« on: July 14, 2005, 12:50:57 PM »

I've been trying to contact a ham at <hiscall>@arrl.net and I keep getting back an error from aol...something about a corrupted server.  I'm emailing from my w1guh@yahoo.com account.
Anyone know what's up with this?

Paul
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:06:57 PM »

Quote from: w1guh
I've been trying to contact a ham at <hiscall>@arrl.net and I keep getting back an error from aol...something about a corrupted server.  I'm emailing from my w1guh@yahoo.com account.
Anyone know what's up with this?

Paul

I just tried it and it works fine here. Could have a problem either at AOL or Yahoo.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 01:47:05 PM »

As I understand it the ARRL email addresses do not represent the actual destination. My address is w8bac@arrl.net but mail sent to it is received at a throw away account. Probably different for league employees but I can't say for sure. Maybe the person your emailing has his ARRL address directed to an AOL account and AOL is having trouble.

Mike
Fred k2dx
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 08:15:28 PM »

I've been using it for several years. It is a 'permanent' address in that should I change ISP's there is no need to notify everyone with a change of address. Only one change at ARRL. Of course that address is only used for 'good' contacts and not posted anywhere for the spambots to see.

There has been no problem with the arrl forwarding I'm aware of. They may have been making some changes last week but I think it only pertained to the staff, with callsign@arrl.org addresses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015