The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules For Those Who Discuss Other Than Superficial Stuff  (Read 8851 times)
W2VW
Contributing

« on: July 08, 2005, 11:53:11 PM »

I'm no better than anybody else so please don't take this the wrong way But...

There are a couple of people on here who(m) I respect both for their character and expertise.

I just watched them both step over the line IMHO.

There are unwritten rules for gentlemen who wish to engage in discussions where there might be disagreement.

It is always unfortunate when the focus is lost and the conversation turns to some below the belt shot.

There is too much at stake to get personal. That only brings the swine out from behind the barn.

Think twice before unloading especially in a public format.

Remember benifit of the doubt?

Thanks for your time.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 06:00:36 AM »

Quote from: Dave Calhoun W2APE
I'm no better than anybody else so please don't take this the wrong way But...

There are a couple of people on here who(m) I respect both for their character and expertise.

I just watched them both step over the line IMHO.

There are unwritten rules for gentlemen who wish to engage in discussions where there might be disagreement.

It is always unfortunate when the focus is lost and the conversation turns to some below the belt shot.

There is too much at stake to get personal. That only brings the swine out from behind the barn.

Think twice before unloading especially in a public format.

Remember benifit of the doubt?

Thanks for your time.

What's wrong with people voicing their opinion Dave? And how many of us do you consider to be " the swine  from behind the barn"?
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 09:22:48 AM »

Hi George. There's nothing wrong at all with voicing opinions. I believe that you know me much better than that. The fascists who go around saying that ham radio should be sterile and discussions should be about the weather and signal reports are just rule maker control freaks.
Problem is with those who take it personally when someone disagrees. It's sad to see otherwise rational folks doing this.
BTW, this has absoultely nothing to do with any cut and paste, divide and conquer poitical propaganda. This is not about the koolaid drinkers.
The swine from behind the barn are the hit and run flame throwers and spectators who would otherwise be not reading, but living  comic books.
Try qrz.com forums for a few house swine flame throwers.
N9NEO

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 11:04:47 AM »

Being better than everybody else,
taking things the wrong way,
stepping over the line,
breaking those unwritten rules for gentlemen,
loosing focus,
taking below the belt shots,
getting personal,
breaking out the swine from behind the barn,
and unloading in a public forum,
are some of my favorite things to do  Cheesy

Bob.

I'd rather be anatomically correct than politically correct!
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 11:44:46 AM »

Quote from: N9NEO
Being better than everybody else,
taking things the wrong way,
stepping over the line,
breaking those unwritten rules for gentlemen,
loosing focus,
taking below the belt shots,
getting personal,
breaking out the swine from behind the barn,
and unloading in a public forum,
are some of my favorite things to do  Cheesy

Bob.

And thats why we love ya Bob. Cheesy
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 12:20:43 PM »

Welp, we try to keep it open here, all things considered, but, if somebody Bit ya..Bite Em Back... Cheesy nobodies gona tell...Sheez...

If somebody did a Hit an Run...then we know what to do wit that, we do have a system here to handle that, but think about it and remember if we have to stand over all posts Dave then it would be like Fort Knox.

Speak your mind and let Them Know it...
W1UJR
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:36:11 PM »

I think what Dave is trying to say is simple, "attack the idea you dislike, not the person.".

An open and candid exchange of idea, even rants is fine, as long as it does not devolve in a direct personal attack.

I would not worry too much Dave, its the small minds that can't seperate the speaker from the speech. And those folks don't have much worth listening to in any case.

I feel the moderators have done an outstanding job keeping things civil here, but I do appreciate your sentiments Dave.

W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 12:46:12 PM »

Quote from: W1UJR
I think what Dave is trying to say is simple, "attack the idea you dislike, not the person.".

An open and candid exchange of idea, even rants is fine, as long as it does not devolve in a direct personal attack.

I would not worry too much Dave, its the small minds that can't seperate the speaker from the speech. And those folks don't have much worth listening to in any case.

I feel the moderators have done an outstanding job keeping things civil here, but I do appreciate your sentiments Dave.

Thanks Bruce. Nope don't want no moderators moderating. Just a little focus.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 01:09:46 PM »

This is FB Fellas, now, If anyone has a problem let the staff know, pick one your comfortable with and send a message off and discuss the problem your having we're here for that very reason.

The internet is a different animal again I will remind us all, myself included i do get bent about the worlds problems today, my shortfall, But, the best part of all this is the ability We have to work it out, This is where We Us this board Shines the Most.

We Do Not condone Cheap Shots, But, ..... what's good for the goose is good for the gander if your gona play your gona pay just so no one feels chidded on either side.

Game On.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 01:12:17 PM »

Don't need no staph just stay with the Penicillin.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 01:17:30 PM »

Feel Better now Dave.. Cheesy
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »

Easy for you to say. You started all of this.  :lol:
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 04:01:24 PM »

Hi George. There's nothing wrong at all with voicing opinions. I believe that you know me much better than that. The fascists who go around saying that ham radio should be sterile and discussions should be about the weather and signal reports are just rule maker control freaks.
Problem is with those who take it personally when someone disagrees. It's sad to see otherwise rational folks doing this.
BTW, this has absoultely nothing to do with any cut and paste, divide and conquer poitical propaganda. This is not about the koolaid drinkers.
The swine from behind the barn are the hit and run flame throwers and spectators who would otherwise be not reading, but living  comic books.

It's always good when folks can debate issues without having it become personal. People should be able to talk about any issue without it becoming a screaming match.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »

Quote from: GEORGE/W2AMR

It's always good when folks can debate issues without having it become personal. People should be able to talk about any issue without it becoming a screaming match.

Especially when in public.
W1UJR
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 07:16:27 PM »

You know George, its been a long time since I gave your liberal self a good razzing!
Keep the faith OM.   :badgrin:
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 07:22:59 PM »

:lol: Schawwwiiinng...only in America....
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 05:40:19 AM »

You know George, its been a long time since I gave your liberal self a good razzing!
Keep the faith OM.   :badgrin:

By the way Brucie, that's a FBOM web site you have there, and the shack looks great. A bit too tidy for my taste tho.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 10:59:46 AM »

BALONEY DETECTION KIT

Based on the book The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan, published by Headline 1996, (ISBN: 0345409469), the following are suggested as tools for testing arguments and detecting fallacious or fraudulent arguments.

Click on the link for useful suggestions of how to react when our "leaders" or other politicians make public statements.  Also useful when reading or listening to media news, blogs, preachers and posts to this board.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015