The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the Other Foot How then to Better Law.  (Read 2785 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: July 10, 2005, 10:30:26 PM »

Good Evening All,

Seeing the Interest in the hot Topic of The Ten Commandments the Dogma of Religion and self will and Freedom from, Um, in Consideration Of Law and Actions of, Courtroom, and the Public Place.

Looking at Today and hearing and listening and reading the complaints from citizens of the Coldness of Government and the Actions of Law having No Compassion and actions of Officers in action and The system and How screwed up it has become as i have been told and seen first hand.

Now I'm pulling the plug on religion here and replacing it with faith, faith based Government and Law, How interactive or how the two could be intertwined to or Not even a chance the two could be compatable, understanding that I hold No interest in any religion and I am Half Jewish here but i hold no interest in the orthodox so we understand my criteria here, How is it then Wrong to have a Government or Court of Law that is Based in Faith, Faith in Mankind, Faith in a Hope for the world, etc.even faith in the Almighty, OK I'm Talking Faith here now.

What's the Answer Men..?
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:35:31 AM »

Because the "Constitution and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."  (From US Constitution, Article VI.)

Faith-based government and law would not hold the Constitution and laws to be supreme, but a belief would be held supreme.  Authority would descend from a diety who does not speak for himself, but is written for and spoken for by men, who carry scrolls and books to emphasize their importance.  To me, that would be a very big problem.  We had that kind of rulership under the mad Popes in the middle ages, and we see similar problems in theocratic nations today.

And since we can not agree on a single doctrine of faith, that would simply not work.  Can we believe that one person's idea of proper action based on faith would be the same as another person's idea of same?  I think we all know that it would not.  We would have to establish one and only one authority of faith, and this was not the intention of the nation's founders, nor is it at all workable now.  Indeed, it might be argued on the basis of faith that since the diety is almighty, the bumbling machinations of mankind would come to naught, and would therefore be unimportant and irrelevant - so therefore none of this matters, and the diety would rule unseen.

Article VI, Constitution for the United States of America:

"All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 06:14:13 AM »

Well Thank you Bacon,

That's a very direct and understandable answer, and it makes for good reading and thought stiring. I'm not on any Bible kick Bacon and I just see the wrongs and ponder ways to right them, so the machine we've created is in need of Service i'm just not sure that we're going the right direction in trouble shooting it.

By pointing out DUI laws and such that are needed, but have created Self serving beauracracys within the system that i feel are out of control and growing like a cancer, the system has itself become the monster and we're at it's beckon call.

Something like that..Thought Stiring though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015