The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got the Scout Deluxe on the air.  (Read 2239 times)
W8AMD
« on: July 10, 2005, 01:38:46 AM »

My crystals came in the mail so I can finally get the Globe Scout Deluxe on the air.  You may hear my PW 40 watts on 40 and 75 now.  Have a crystal for 20 but 14.286 is usually over-run with ssb around here.

Still need to do some work on it.  Someone had already replaced the HV Filter caps but the low voltage ones and a couple of other paper caps need to be replaced yet.  But she is up and going now.

Wish my antenna situation was better.  I have a 120 ft wire center fed with balanced line and a tuner.  A little short for 75 but it loads there.  It’s only up about 30 ft and the last 8 feet or so on each side hangs straight down (Ran out of lot :x ).  That's my cloud warmer on 75 and 40 though I did work California with 40 ricebox watts AM with it once and was armchair.  That was conditions instead of equipment.  It is a good 20 meter antenna.  Also have a Hustler 6BTV vertical ground mounted with  25 random length radials buried just under the sod for low angle work.   Don't own the property here and the landlords grudgingly accept my current setup.  It's wise not to push them on that front.  But I finally have a plate modulated tube rig up and going so I'm a happy camper.

Special thanks to W3JN who provided me with a needed tube and K3MSB who will be sending me a relay to make operation a whole lot easier.

Life is good! Smiley
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 08:20:28 PM »

Lawrence that's FB and keep up the good work OM, I will be looking for your signal and give you a report when i hear you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015